Sandro Tonali: given suspended two-month ban by FA (Official)

The Prophet

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I get what you're saying but I just don't think criminal cases fit at all like.

For one, in actual criminal cases there's generally a limit to the scope of investigation isn't there?

Like of someone was found to have burgled 7 ASDAs and was charged, would the police then sift through his life just to find out if he'd burgled more? He lived in Leeds for a couple of years, maybe they should run an intense investigation of burgleries down there during his time spent? Maybe he also killed someone? He's a wrongun after all.

Tbf I only said it was a 'bit like', it wasn't meant to be an exact comparison of the offences and international legal systems :D - I've just confused things more than anything :doh:

The point of the analogy was just to emphasise that the FA is apparently looking into potential new offences in the UK, not the same ones that have already been looked at, so it's not double jeopardy, and the fact that he's already being punished for similar offences in Italy doesn't mean he automatically shouldn't get further punishment for new offences in the Uk. Just as, if you commit driving offences in Italy and then move to England and commit driving offences in England, they're separate offences and can be looked at and punished separately, which is why the FA could be looking into things. The analogy's not meant to be any deeper than that!

Re: your point on the police - Yeah I think there needs to be some good reason for the FA to open an investigation. They shouldn't just be snooping on people willy nilly.

That said wasn't part of his evidence that betting on his own team to win became almost a superstition/compulsion? If that's true then it seems a realistic possibility he might have bet on Newcastle while he was here. Probably enough to warrant at least making some enquiries.

Edited by Checko
grammar

Of course. All the more reason for him to knuckle down in training and keep fit, get stronger, learn every bit of tactical work he can from our coaching staff and learn English even more. He needs to look like his leader / captain self he was previously to joining us when he’s back. 

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Currently in NCL airport 

Imagine all the lads not on international duty have been given some time to get away and recharge the batteries. Obviously he has had much/any physical exertion, but mentally he probably needs some time away from everything. Just for fuck sake someone make sure there are no betting apps on his phone.

36 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Imagine all the lads not on international duty have been given some time to get away and recharge the batteries. Obviously he has had much/any physical exertion, but mentally he probably needs some time away from everything. Just for fuck sake someone make sure there are no betting apps on his phone.

Off to Vegas

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Currently in NCL airport 

Doesn’t he have to visit Italy weekly for his gambling addicts group? Pretty sure I read that (thinking at the time that won’t help him settle here).

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Doesn’t he have to visit Italy weekly for his gambling addicts group? Pretty sure I read that (thinking at the time that won’t help him settle here).

He was with another Italian bloke. So perhaps?

17 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Has he actually apologized?

Just to AC Milan for still being available and not suspended for the first game in the CL when we played them 😁

(I'm not serious, that's a joke). 

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

Of course. All the more reason for him to knuckle down in training and keep fit, get stronger, learn every bit of tactical work he can from our coaching staff and learn English even more. He needs to look like his leader / captain self he was previously to joining us when he’s back. 

He does. Let's hope he agrees.

16 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Has he actually apologized?

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But seriously- has he apologised?

I'm sure he has to the club and Howe etc. I don't particularly feel the need for a PR driven open letter to us fans but I wouldn't be surprised if one pops up at some point.