Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Just now, et tu brute said:

Mistake my arse he was getting other players involved also. 

I mean, that's a fairly disingenuous reading of it. From what I read, his teammate saw him betting, asked what the site was and Sandro told him. Hardly fucking predator behaviour :lol:

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

I think people need to read the charge properly, his charge is for 2 weeks prior to him getting his ban. Obviously its not great, but a 10 month punishment was already harsh. Toney got less for almost 300 charges..

Correct 

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Lads got a serious gambling addiction. Crazy you can get a longer ban for gambling than testing positive for cocaine. 

Aye, the bookies need to take some responsibility but they give the govenment cash so will never be forced to.

You can buy 600 tabs on Tui flights just now for £110, they know fine well that your limit is 200 but still sell you them, I can't help thinking the bookies don't give a shit so long as your spending.

15 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

It's a fucking disgrace if they slap another ban on him after this one is done.

Why have they took so long to charge him? He's been banned for fucking ages already.

This is the FA…they are utterly inept 

8 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I mean, that's a fairly disingenuous reading of it. From what I read, his teammate saw him betting, asked what the site was and Sandro told him. Hardly fucking predator behaviour :lol:

You believe what you want :lol:

Hopefully they don’t chuck the book fully, dare I say if he was English this wouldn’t be extended

Then again it will come down to the specifics of the case, if he was betting on himself/us it won’t look good for him 

Edited by Nine

50 isn’t a huge number when you look at some of the cases. The punishment will come down to what exactly he was betting on.

If his bets didn’t involve him/us he might get away with a suspended or shorter concurrent ban and a fine. If they did then we’ll see you in 2025 Sandro.

1 minute ago, El Hozzo said:

well, no - its 2 months, not weeks....

I think he is saying that the gambling ended two weeks before he was banned for gambling, not the duration of the gambling in England

I'm confident nothing will come of it. If the FA gave him another ban the club will take them to CAS and they'll get it reduced to nothing. 

It does seem like odd timing, there's no reason it should have taken 5-6 months to investigate this further by the English FA, it certainly feels like they were waiting for sufficient time to pass so that any ban issued now might overlap the Italian ban. 8 months from April stretching the ban to the end of 2024, watch.