Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

7 minutes ago, Zero said:

You guys probably got mislead by the Pirlo comparison. Yes he was compared to Pirlo a few years ago since he got great passing skills and that’s why he was signed by Milan. However when Milan really tried to let him play like Pirlo I.e. deep lying playmaker role, he simply couldn’t do it and struggled heavily

Milan finally gave up the Pirlo experiment and let him play a bit forward. Since then he has been playing as a box to box midfielder and he found his form back. 

in short: he is not a 6, he is an 8. Here’s the upgrade for Longstaff 

I don’t think Howe is interested in playing a traditional 6 anyway, I think he wants 3 box to box players.

13 minutes ago, Zero said:

You guys probably got mislead by the Pirlo comparison. Yes he was compared to Pirlo a few years ago since he got great passing skills and that’s why he was signed by Milan. However when Milan really tried to let him play like Pirlo I.e. deep lying playmaker role, he simply couldn’t do it and struggled heavily

Milan finally gave up the Pirlo experiment and let him play a bit forward. Since then he has been playing as a box to box midfielder and he found his form back. 

Just watching some videos, that's how he looked to me as well, couldn't really work out the DM descriptions.

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I don’t think Howe is interested in playing a traditional 6 anyway, I think he wants 3 box to box players.

Tonali would be ideal - could play alongside Bruno and our midfield wouldn't look so devoid of creativity when Bruno is unavailable

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Admittedly, I don't watch anywhere near as much Serie A as many on here, but I think I'd still prefer Barella over Tonali. Sounds like we've given up on the former now though.

I'd be more than happy with Tonali though. He looks a damn fine player.

17 minutes ago, Zero said:

Bruno doesn't play as a traditional 6 either though.

6 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

We'll see, I reckon it's still weighted towards him staying in Milan. I'll love to be wrong though

If it’s true his representatives have came to London for talks then he’s interested. If he’s a main target a deal will be done 

It's quite hard trying to work out whether the players we're going for are as an alternative to another or in addition to another. Like are we going for Tonali and playing a different way as an alternative to going for Barella or for Maddison, or are we going for them in addition to each other?

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, gdm said:

If it’s true his representatives have came to London for talks then he’s interested. If he’s a main target a deal will be done 

That tweet was too vague though it said ‘Milan’s Tonali’s representatives are in London’ to meet us.

Does that mean Milan’s people or Tonali’s? Big difference.

If it’s Tonali’s people this could well be on. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's quite hard trying to work out whether the players we're going for are as an alternative to another or in addition to another. Like are we going for Tonali and playing a different way as an alternative to going for Barella or for Maddison, or are we going for them in addition to each other?

No one knows, but reports would suggest  we are after an central midfielder in addition to an attacking mid/winger hybrid - so I would guess Tonali or Barella and Maddison or Szloboszlai

3 minutes ago, LV said:

That tweet was too vague though it said ‘Milan’s Tonali’s representatives are in London’ to meet us.

Do club representatives normally meet face to face for transfer dealings ?

3 minutes ago, simonsays said:

No one knows, but reports would suggest  we are after an central midfielder in addition to an attacking mid/winger hybrid - so I would guess Tonali or Barella and Maddison or Szloboszlai

Yeah that makes sense. It's Barella that's throwing me a bit in all of this I think. Total guesswork, but I'd think Bruno stays deep with Barella alongside him and plays RCM with Tonali playing deep. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Do club representatives normally meet face to face for transfer dealings ?

Think it is fairly typical for proposed deals of this scale, aye. Ashworth and Nickson had been in San Sebastián prior to Isak coming, if I'm remembering rightly.

Just now, Rich said:

Think it is fairly typical for proposed deals of this scale, aye. Ashworth and Nickson had been in San Sebastián prior to Isak coming, if I'm remembering rightly.

Definitely, also meeting in person shows both sincerity and good faith. Your not trying to unsettle a player by just chatting to his agents. 

9 minutes ago, LV said:

Milan =AC?