Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Agree on the house prices being daft as well. We lived in a 1 bedroom council flat that was absolutely lush and affordable, so we were able to save to buy a house on our street but they just weren't worth it for what you got like. We ended up moving to Wideopen, saving 60k and getting everything we wanted.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Agree on the house prices being daft as well. We lived in a 1 bedroom council flat that was absolutely lush and affordable, so we were able to save to buy a house on our street but they just weren't worth it for what you got like. We ended up moving to Wideopen, saving 60k and getting everything we wanted.

If we hadn't got in when we did 3 years ago, we'd have never been able to afford our house. That's just on house price increase and not accounting for mortgage rates as well.

I grew up in Wideopen btw until I was 12, in Brunswick Green estate. It was a lush place to grow up as a kid. Although I haven't been back for years.

I've kept an eye on the N Tyneside housing market for  years. Just incase i decided to move back and post Covid the increases are absolutely ridiculous. 

There's probably a number of reason but i know a fair few people who moved back from down South as remote working took hold and they go to London 1 or 2 times a month for meeting's etc  

So they're on London coin but living back in the NE. Estate agents taking the piss probably another reason. 

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

There's a three bed mid terrace, no garden, recently renovated to a decent spec, just off roughest bit of the high street that has gone on the market last week. On for £375k. Would genuinely have cost half that 5 years ago. It's gone absolutely nuts. I feel for locals who can no longer afford to rent/buy here just as it's turning a corner.

Definitely feel like we've de-railed the thread. In other news Tonali's lass was in Leazes Park today - wonder what she thinks of flattening it for a new stadium.

Absolutely insane. I bought a 3000 sq ft house on close to an acre, granted not near the beach, last year for about 50 grand less than that. Can't get over the house prices over there now.

"Florida is horrida than Whitley Bay!" As the advert went.... Whitley Bay lad here, well Monkseaton, Hillheads area to be precise. It was a class place to grow up. Moved away in about 2012. Would love to move back but could never afford to. Love visiting me mam and dad there and they look at me strange when I tell them I miss the place and they are so lucky to live where they do. There's still a few council houses on me mam's estate but they must be worth nearly 200k now.

Someone mentioned DEEP. I used to work there circa 1999/2000. Happy days!:cool:

16 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

He’s quickly going to be one of our favorite players, isn’t he? 

There’s not many players who would see that direct looping pass through to Wilson and have the technique to pick it out. Coupled with his energy (covered loads of ground), willingness to make himself available (must have had the most touches) and tenacity to win the ball, he is going to be a joy to watch. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny