Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Think that hes struggling with the intensity and the pace difference between Serie A and the Premier league. So much more time on the ball to think and pick a pass in Italy he doesnt seem sharp enough in the midfield at all. 

1 minute ago, Myleftboot said:

Don’t think he’s been that bad. No worse than anyone else. New scapegoat now ASM’s gone.

Dont see him as a scapegoat as such i just think he needs nurtured into the side. A creative midfielder is what we are seriously lacking. Breaking teams down who sit deep is a constant issue

Just now, wormy said:

Alright thread police. 

It’s not even being the thread police, the only thing that happens when posting in an individual players thread mid game to criticise is that players become scapegoats.

I thought Tonali was more of a deep lying midfield playmaker, but for us he is playing offensive left midfielder. When we signed him I thought it was to push Bruno up more advanced or rest Bruno some games. 

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He's much more comfortable on the right.

Agreed, but difficult to tell if that is the position or the far superior interchange with Trippier and Almiron compared to Burn and Anderson 

Poor game, had a great game against PSG but he's had a bang average game here

Keeps passing back, positions himself for a pass somewhere where the pressure won't be off the team and then another Brighton-esque style of close down there.

1 minute ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Struggling to defend this lad now like 

Tend to agree. I'm not writing him off by any means but at times he's looked absolutely hopeless. Positionally poor, tackling not great and seems like he wants absolutely no time on the ball. Gets rid of it as soon as he touches it.

Hoping its a confidence issue and he comes good but he's just not at the level required.

8 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Struggling to defend this lad now like 

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Starting to wonder if this lad has the heart for it.

This shit is absolutely ridiculous mind. Some never learn. The same ones who no doubt called Gordon shite.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

This shit is absolutely ridiculous mind. Some never learn. The same ones who no doubt called Gordon shite.

Is it though? I'm not doubting his ability as a footballer, which I think has shone through in fits and starts, but that's twice this season now he's half-heartedly closed down a shot from the edge of the area which we've then conceded a goal from.

EDIT: Imagine if it was Shelvey in the same position. Everyone would rightly be going wild about it.

Edited by Pilko