Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm frankly surprised if we are willing to play him, but if it's true I would back Eddie's judgement. He might have a bit more background than we do.

Aye. Doubt he will play but if he makes the squad, I trust Eddie. 

Does look like Milan have had us over for a year of his contract and associated selling fee. I hope the cunts know who they’re messing with. 

Edited by RS

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I don’t like Hope but is it not a fair point, if he has continued to gamble whilst here he might face charges by the English FA as well.

Would it matter if he was gambling on Milan though? Obvs if he’s gambled on us then it’s a different story. 

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

The club clearly have got a lot of work to do on pre-signing checks, it's embarrassing that we are now paying the price for the conduct of a player whilst at a different club.

I dare say they'll be wary of it in future but how are they supposed to uncover this when it was being very deliberately concealed by everyone in the process? You can investigate and feel comfortable about a player's character but it's asking a lot to dig out skeletons from the closet.

4 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Hopefully we sue the fucking trousers off Milan. 

If Milan had any knowledge of this and didn’t disclose to us then surely that don’t have a leg to stand on.

If they did disclose then surely we would have stayed away. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I dare say they'll be wary of it in future but how are they supposed to uncover this when it was being very deliberately concealed by everyone in the process? You can investigate and feel comfortable about a player's character but it's asking a lot to dig out skeletons from the closet.

That's an assumption, I presume? Even so, the likelihood that past indiscretions will be concealed necessitates more thorough checks. We should never be paying the price for the conduct of a player at another club. Getting him away from Milan seemed too good to be true, it was.

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

Getting him away from Milan seemed too good to be true, it was.

I don't believe that at all, it's perfectly normal for PL clubs to buy the best players of teams from poorer European leagues. We bought the captain of several French clubs even with Mike Ashley as owner :lol:

7 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Would there be any chance that this would constitute a breach of contract and he could be released?

Just wondering, as obviously would have significant FFP implications if the wages could be freed back up again.

That would be literally shooting ourselves in the foot.