Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

So happy for Tonali tonight. Looked every inch an Italian International midfielder.

Can't wait to see him get better and better over the coming weeks and months.

I wasnt sure what to expect after such a long lay off from playing a competitive match, he showed his quality and character tonight. 

Edited by Nine

Looked good. Was the pick of the players, although the rest of them were pretty poor for the majority of the game. 

Liked his controlled passing when he decides to dictate the tempo. 

Really liked the goal though, if you watch on the replay he showcased some seriously powerful running to get forward after his pass. If he can do that regularly then he's going to pick up plenty of chances. 

26 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We’ve got a good set of lads here at the club that look out for each other. A lot of them might not be world beaters, but I’d rather have them than fucking self-entitled cunts who have massively over-inflated opinions of themselves. 

100%

9 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

The reception he'll get on Sunday will be insane. Hope he falls in love with the club  :love:

Think he’s already done that. This will just cement it for him. I’m sure Heron and the gang have a cracking banner for him! 

Nee Body language expert but this time last year he looked cold and miserable (obviously hiding something)

At the end their he looked relieved to feel the love and grateful for the support he's had

It was really weird. On the 20th min or around then he looked as though he was going to be sick. I thought the adrenaline and the fact he'd been out for so long was going to lead to him being subbed. I thought he was quality. So happy we've got him back. Pope gave him a big hug at the end of the game. 

19 minutes ago, vexred said:

It was really weird. On the 20th min or around then he looked as though he was going to be sick. I thought the adrenaline and the fact he'd been out for so long was going to lead to him being subbed. I thought he was quality. So happy we've got him back. Pope gave him a big hug at the end of the game. 

I seen that as well. Is that when the physio came on? He gestured to the physio that he got elbowed in the throat. 

4 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

I seen that as well. Is that when the physio came on? He gestured to the physio that he got elbowed in the throat. 

Yeah, just before then he was hunched over. He could well have got an elbow in the throat. From where I was sat it looked like he needed a breather. 

1 minute ago, vexred said:

Yeah, just before then he was hunched over. He could well have got an elbow in the throat. From where I was sat it looked like he needed a breather. 

My lip reading isn't the best but camera had BDB in shot he gestured like he'd been elbowed but thought he was pointing to his ribs 

Back to the Sandro we bought, solid performance tonight and only gave the ball away once from my recollection. Was obviously hampered by the looming truth and now he looks like he's playing with the shackles off. Can't wait for him to be up to full speed.

He's absolutely rapid. Quick and decisive in his passing, very strong, and will only get better. Just wait for him to start pissing it like he did v Villa last season. 

Absolut must to start him. Give him 60-70 minutes or similar.  It’s not like we’re playing two days in a row. It will also help the crowd to get that extra momentum. 

Would love him to start against Spurs. With how open they play and them being rife for a counter. It would be massive to have some more mobility and incisive passing in there. 

Just a shame Willock isn’t available as an option, too. 

Thought he played pretty well considering he hasn't played in 10 months. If only he had lifted that 1-on-1 chance off the ground a little. 

Some nice first time passing.