Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Despite him not being great so far it's actually going to be a much bigger loss than some think I reckon. 

It will also mean a delay on his integration to the style of play with this team and in this country. Not good. 

31 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Would fit into the Terminator canon to have a film about this, can imagine this storyline, with Tonali being in the John Connor role could bring James Cameron back on board with the franchise 

Send someone back in time to kill Ray Winstone. 

45 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Would fit into the Terminator canon to have a film about this, can imagine this storyline, with Tonali being in the John Connor role could bring James Cameron back on board with the franchise 

image.thumb.jpeg.2cf21297b5bee957acf05ae7de25252a.jpeg

(Sorry Bing kicks off if you put actual people’s names in and also is obsessed with our wonga strip :lol:)

1 hour ago, Amir_9 said:

It will also mean a delay on his integration to the style of play with this team and in this country. Not good. 

I mean in that case he needs to take a 80% paycut or get terminated - Cant have a fucking player banned for 1-3 years and pay him full, and since we NEED a midfielder and have to buy one in january we need to get that FFP wiggleroom again. Addict or not. He might have just shafted us this year.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

I mean in that case he needs to take a 80% paycut or get terminated - Cant have a fucking player banned for 1-3 years and pay him full, and since we NEED a midfielder and have to buy one in january we need to get that FFP wiggleroom again. Addict or not. He might have just shafted us this year.

How would terminating his contract help us?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

How would terminating his contract help us?

Would free up wiggleroom for the FFP as projected salary wouldn't be there anymore. So thats something. At least more than having someone on a decent dosh whilst doing fuck all. If anything this is the perfect fucking lesson in being very specific about ethical behavior in the contracts you give players. 50++ and the salary is probably going to make it difficult to get a body in. Although loans might be an option I guess?

7 minutes ago, worthy said:

Would free up wiggleroom for the FFP as projected salary wouldn't be there anymore. So thats something. At least more than having someone on a decent dosh whilst doing fuck all. If anything this is the perfect fucking lesson in being very specific about ethical behavior in the contracts you give players. 50++ and the salary is probably going to make it difficult to get a body in. Although loans might be an option I guess?

You'd be writing off his enormous transfer fee for a small saving in wages, surely it's of greater benefit to us to have him available once the ban is lifted?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

You'd be writing off his enormous transfer fee for a small saving in wages, surely it's of greater benefit to us to have him available once the ban is lifted?

And someone picks him up for free when then ban is over. Sound business that, lose 55 million to save 5

28 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In short term if it could help us get a body in somehow then I would take that shot rather than with something that could end up being a cost fallacy. Not that it honestly matters as you know im just a random knobhead on a forum :lol:. But there is a chance that he won't be the same player after the ban depending on the severity of it. Although little Joe is coming back and thats all well and good. Miley and Anderson cant replace him for now. Getting another body in with all the games we have would be great. But smarter people than me will have done the number crunching on this and probably has a plan depending on how it ends up.

Edited by worthy

Not looking good, but hopefully these new sponsorship deals I.e. Saudia and Daka, plus the already agreed Adidas deal give us wiggle room to bring in a midfielder to cover his loss.

This shouldn't be this difficult.

we’re dealing with Saudis and Italians…. 

the right brown envelopes just need to arrive and this all goes away… get the lad off to rehab and get him the best help and have him back on the pitch by Xmas. 

bring back Berlusconi. 

22 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Willock, big Joe, Miley, Anderson?

The two Joe's and Anderson only ever look good on the left side of the midfield imo. I think we saw last season when Longstaff was missing the balance was completely off when one of them had to shift over into his position. 

We got away with it but by the end of last season half the midfield were either out or playing through injury too. 

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Some interesting snippets in here:

In his interview with Giuseppe Chine, the FIGC federal prosecutor, Fagioli drew attention to the amount of free time footballers have at their disposal. The “thrill” of gambling was a way to “overcome the boredom”. He recalled an Italy Under-21 training camp in Tirrenia, a seaside resort near Pisa. That’s when Fagioli started to bet. “It was (AC Milan and now Newcastle United midfielder and fellow subject of this investigation into gambling activity Sandro) Tonali, a close friend of mine, who suggested I play on the illegal site Icebet,” he said. “I happened to see him playing and asked him what he was doing. He told me I could play because there was no trace of the bets.”

Fagioli would later specify: “I can’t say whether (Tonali) was betting on football or non-football events and whether he had accumulated debts with the illegal platforms he was betting with.”

I'd love it if tonalis response to this was " well if your mate jumped off the Tyne bridge would you jump off after him"

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Some interesting snippets in here:

In his interview with Giuseppe Chine, the FIGC federal prosecutor, Fagioli drew attention to the amount of free time footballers have at their disposal. The “thrill” of gambling was a way to “overcome the boredom”. He recalled an Italy Under-21 training camp in Tirrenia, a seaside resort near Pisa. That’s when Fagioli started to bet. “It was (AC Milan and now Newcastle United midfielder and fellow subject of this investigation into gambling activity Sandro) Tonali, a close friend of mine, who suggested I play on the illegal site Icebet,” he said. “I happened to see him playing and asked him what he was doing. He told me I could play because there was no trace of the bets.”

Fagioli would later specify: “I can’t say whether (Tonali) was betting on football or non-football events and whether he had accumulated debts with the illegal platforms he was betting with.”

So what we’re saying is the I’ll break your legs threats is proof he owed money to paddy and Murphy.

18 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

This shouldn't be this difficult.

we’re dealing with Saudis and Italians…. 

the right brown envelopes just need to arrive and this all goes away… get the lad off to rehab and get him the best help and have him back on the pitch by Xmas. 

bring back Berlusconi. 

image.gif.a9dba9d4bdc0a620b571b32c92452aca.gif