The Prophet

7 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

AC a little silhouetto of Milan

Scaramouch, Scaramouch, can we have your man Sandro

Edited by Jonas

13 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

These are the kind of signings that make me happy that we aren’t/can’t just splashing 100m on players like Man U or Liverpool can. We get to watch these dudes, the Isak/Botman/Brunos of the world, develop at our club.

It’s far more exciting than just buying the finished product. 

To be honest we're spending £60 million on an established player and by the sounds of it offering a huge financial deal in terms of wages. Obviously he's got age on his side but this is not unearthing some gem or developing a player. To me it feels far more like a Chelsea/Man Utd type signing than I expected us to make this summer.

To be honest I think we're probably overpaying, too. It has the chance to be the first misstep we've made in the market IMO. But the club have obviously decided we need to seize the day and add elite level first choice players - which is probably the right move.

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Reactions to this are all over the place, ranging from "how did Newcastle pull this off" to this being an incredible waste of money for an average player. This may just be where I'm looking but Man United and Arsenal fans seem impressed, while Chelsea and Spurs supporters couldn't be more bitter.

Similar reactions when we signed Bruno and Isak, reading some stuff myself its mostly Wow reactions.

12 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Reactions to this are all over the place, ranging from "how did Newcastle pull this off" to this being an incredible waste of money for an average player. This may just be where I'm looking but Man United and Arsenal fans seem impressed, while Chelsea and Spurs supporters couldn't be more bitter.

Just who we’re competing with now, Spurs Chelsea angry because we’re going to pull ahead.

14 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Similar to the Bruno signing.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

(to Why Does it Always Rain on Me)

We've got Sandro Tonali

Signed him for a 60 million transfer fee

We've got Sandro Tonali

Even when Milan were crying

It didn't stop us buying.

Oooooh,

Alongside wor Brunoooooo

Tonali runs the shoooooowwww.

He sets up goals. 

Refined my earlier reworking of ‘That’s Amore’

“When the Toon get their man signed from AC Milan, that’s Tonali! 
With the ball at his feet he’s magic every week, we’re in love! 
Pings the ball down the wing for man running in, that’s Tonali!
Signed from Italy, taking us to Wembley…That’s TONALI!”

:Jonny2J:

(Shout “that’s Tonali!” until fade) 

This better not fall through now :lol: