NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, joeyt said:

Juventus signing Timothy Weah today, not sure if that could accelerate a departure for Chiesa

I think given his injury history and FFP we could be sniffing about Juve for a loan with obligation to buy. They did it with Kulu at Spurs so not beyond the realms of possibility.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Based on what? 

If we want to compete for trophies and CL spots then some hard decisions will have to be made. We can't carry the likes of Almiron, Murphy, Burn etc forever just because they did well last season. IMO.

Good management?

Exhibit 1: CHELSEA last season Vs Liverpool.

If we got high offers for either ASM or Miggy and they were open to going I think we'd sell them. I don't think we're going to actively shop them around, just like we weren't with Wood, but if above value offers are there for players then the club will act in a business like manner. They've already said on multiple occasions we will have to get used to unemotional player trading.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

If we got high offers for either ASM or Miggy and they were open to going I think we'd sell them. I don't think we're going to actively shop them around, just like we weren't with Wood, but if above value offers are there for players then the club will act in a business like manner. They've already said on multiple occasions we will have to get used to unemotional player trading.

Wouldn't mind it either to be honest. We've got Dan Ashworth doing Brighton things now but on a 10x budget. Completely trust our club top to bottom and its a feeling i'm getting used to!

1 hour ago, SteV said:

The only concern would be if he’s sufficiently recovered from that ACL, not just in simple fitness, but has it diminished any of his attributes?

All the other ‘injuries’ listed are nothing to worry about IMO.

The gamble comes with answering that first question.

Hes clearly still had issues with his knee since the surgery and has missed games last season. My worry now is that he is injury prone and will miss more games. Id much rather we spend money on a player with less risk. 

44 minutes ago, STM said:

The saying goes, everyone has their price.

You think if someone sticks a 25m plus bid in for Miggy we aren't selling?

Don’t think EH would let him leave this summer and especially for that amount. So no. 12 months on possibly.

45 minutes ago, STM said:

The saying goes, everyone has their price.

You think if someone sticks a 25m plus bid in for Miggy we aren't selling?

Not for anything like £25m no, he's a very useful player.

I can see some of our older pros going to Saudi next year,the squad is too small at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised to see Miggy and Wilson get a bumper deal next summer with one of the clubs out there once we have got some younger lads in and settled for a year.

Just now, MagMal said:

I can see some of our older pros going to Saudi next year,the squad is too small at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised to see Miggy and Wilson get a bumper deal next summer with one of the clubs out there once we have got some younger lads in and settled for a year.

Squad is anything but too small. We have 30+ players 

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Squad is anything but too small. We have 30+ players 

Yes of dross, but of decent players that someone could justify buying for zillions of oil dollars there are very few.