NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Really interesting that we're looking at Serie A, assuming that's true.

Hasn't Chiesa not been as good as he was before a major injury or am I just imagining that?

This is true, he hasn't quite got going again since his injury but he wouldn't be the first player to take a while 

The positive thing is that he hasn't had a set back to that injury and at the right price it's probably a risk worth taking 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Really interesting that we're looking at Serie A, assuming that's true.

Hasn't Chiesa not been as good as he was before a major injury or am I just imagining that?

He looked fine physically, just lacks match form. 

Edited by kocunar

Because of how prevalent ACL injuries are in the NFL there has been a lot of focus on recovery time and “return to performance” timelines. A lot of players do not get back to previous benchmarks until the second season post-surgery. 

If we have a chance to get Chiesa on an injury discount it’s certainly a risk worth taking.

Chiesa is possible. Since recovering from injury he didn’t start that much for Juventus. His form is quite inconsistent as well. We might get him for just around 40m. Missing out CL spot this season means Juventus need to cash in some of their players as well. Great pick imo

Theo? No way. If he is available for sale literally all the clubs in the world would submit bid immediately. Forget it.

33 minutes ago, Zero said:

Chiesa is possible. Since recovering from injury he didn’t start that much for Juventus. His form is quite inconsistent as well. We might get him for just around 40m. Missing out CL spot this season means Juventus need to cash in some of their players as well. Great pick imo

Theo? No way. If he is available for sale literally all the clubs in the world would submit bid immediately. Forget it.

I’m not saying we will buy Theo but I think we shouldn’t make such statements as the above when it comes to us and players given we’ve attracted the likes of Tonali. 

If Bernardo Silva heads to Saudi surely he’ll end up here on loan? If we get out of the group stages who knows what might happen with the talent in Saudi and a few dodgy loans. 

23 minutes ago, Decky said:

If Bernardo Silva heads to Saudi surely he’ll end up here on loan? If we get out of the group stages who knows what might happen with the talent in Saudi and a few dodgy loans. 

If everyone's going to hate us, might as well give them a proper reason eh!

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I’m not saying we will buy Theo but I think we shouldn’t make such statements as the above when it comes to us and players given we’ve attracted the likes of Tonali. 

Yea I understand that but right now Left Back is a position that basically every big team is lacking. Even Real Madrid needs to play Camavinga there because Ferland is finished and they need a new one desperately.

I am more than happy to be proven wrong lol if we did get Theo we could challenge the EPL title. He is a game changer.

Edited by Zero

Chiesa has basically been my dream semi-realistic signing since we were taken over from what I saw in the Euros.

You couldn’t peel me off the ceiling if we signed him.

Edited by Sima

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Craig Hope, Edwards said we are only signing 2 players 

Remember though, they are doing this as a favour to dampen our expectations 

Surely, if we're looking to buy four high-quality players, there will be some sales as well. 

Couldn't see decent fees for much beyond ASM. The Shelvey and Wood sales were encouraging -- but I don't think Forest will take any more calls from Dan Ashworth. Maybe Targett?

7 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Surely, if we're looking to buy four high-quality players, there will be some sales as well. 

Couldn't see decent fees for much beyond ASM. The Shelvey and Wood sales were encouraging -- but I don't think Forest will take any more calls from Dan Ashworth. Maybe Targett?

This I believe is the problem Ashley buying basement players at basement prices, false economy as leaves potential owners who wish to to take the club onto a diff level with issues of FFP, whose gonna buy the dross to allow us provide flexibility FFP wisw

1 hour ago, wyn davies said:

This I believe is the problem Ashley buying basement players at basement prices, false economy as leaves potential owners who wish to to take the club onto a diff level with issues of FFP, whose gonna buy the dross to allow us provide flexibility FFP wisw

🇸🇦