NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Why would we sign Tyler Adams or anyone who believes they'd be a starter in midfield when we have 5 capable players to play in 3 positions? Unless its some type of loan with a cheapish fee for next season, I just can't see it.

RCM: Tonali, Longstaff

CM: Bruno

LCM: Joelinton, Willock 

Someone like Alcarez (young and versatile) would be a good addition.

18 mos ago or if there were no financial limitations I could get on board with Adams, but at this point we should either aim higher or in another position.

57 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Why would we sign Tyler Adams or anyone who believes they'd be a starter in midfield when we have 5 capable players to play in 3 positions? Unless its some type of loan with a cheapish fee for next season, I just can't see it.

RCM: Tonali, Longstaff

CM: Bruno

LCM: Joelinton, Willock 

I'd argue that both Anderson and Gordon could be added to that list in an injury crisis (I've said before I think Gordon will end up a central player). 

Also Howe now has the option to play Bruno and Tonali as a pair, meaning he could bring Isak in as a number 10. 

We have options in midfield now. Had to be a RW as a priority and a couple of defenders to compete.

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So, the games Longstaff didn’t play. Noted.

We played brilliantly versus Brighton, and our midfield 3 versus Chelsea was a joke. Miggy uses his right foot and it’s 2-0 and out of sight. 

9 hours ago, TRon said:

That's fine mate, if you need them you need them. But wish your fans would stop calling us Oilcastle, and your manager would stop saying you can't compete with state backed clubs when you are obviously able to blow us out of the water when it comes to spending.

You were able to pay the £60m release fee up front for Szobo, we weren't due to FFP. That's the cold reality, so we can't just spend our way to success like other moneybags clubs have done in the recent past.

I know you are not aiming at me personally. I come here as an individual and not as a representative of LFC fans. I am on record here congratulating you all when the ownership change went through. 

9 hours ago, TRon said:

That's fine mate, if you need them you need them. But wish your fans would stop calling us Oilcastle, and your manager would stop saying you can't compete with state backed clubs when you are obviously able to blow us out of the water when it comes to spending.

You were able to pay the £60m release fee up front for Szobo, we weren't due to FFP. That's the cold reality, so we can't just spend our way to success like other moneybags clubs have done in the recent past.

I couldn't give a shit what they call us, they only do it now because they feel threatened, we aren't the good day out and guaranteed 3 points anymore. The more Klopp whines the more pathetic even fans of other clubs see him and don't get started on LFCs pushing for the Super league, private interviews with any incoming head of the Premier league and wanting the rules changed when they are threatened.

rgklfc does come over as an all right sort though. 

16 minutes ago, loki679 said:

This thread title sucks balls.  Wor Mike injected some life and fizz into the boards and it's been cruelly snuffed out in favour of monotonous grey Rich gruel.

Will Ferrell Agree GIF

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Given we returned for Botman, Isak and Gordon, who have we allegedly targeted in the past that we might revisit.

I can only think of Bakker, Franca and Diaby.

Kvaradona :dance: