NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

A transfer fee of around €60 million and wages of around £160,000 per week seems to be what most are saying, though there's a massive pinch of salt as always.

His agent denied that he'd asked for that much from Juventus to renew in a statement he gave to Calciomercato last month, but you'd imagine he'd be pushing for somewhere around that if he was to come to the PL. 

They'd previously said he's on around £100k per week currently pre-tax:

However, according to Calciomercato, Chiesa has expressed his desire for a net salary of 8 million euros, which represents a significant increase from his current earnings of 5 million euros per year. Unfortunately, the club is unwilling to meet this demand.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

A transfer fee of around €60 million and wages of around £160,000 per week seems to be what most are saying, though there's a massive pinch of salt as always.

His agent denied that he'd asked for that much from Juventus to renew in a statement he gave to Calciomercato, but you'd imagine he'd be pushing for somewhere around that if he was to come to the PL.

60m euro? I thought we were getting a deal :(

No chance of €60m with that injury. I’ve seen a couple of reported fees around the £35m mark, which would be the reason we are interested. I think we could manage his wages, once he knows his options are possibly limited. 

Edited by Toon88

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

His agent denied that he'd asked for that much from Juventus to renew in a statement he gave to Calciomercato, but you'd imagine he'd be pushing for somewhere around that if he was to come to the PL.

Back to the FFP stuff, if we have around £55m left to spend..

Let's say we buy Chiesa for £50m on a 5 year contract at £160k a week, then he'd cost:

50 / 5 = £10 million a year

160 * 4 * 12 = £7680

Let's call it £18m a year, am I wrong in thinking we could technically buy three Chiesa's? Is that too much of a simplified way of breaking FFP down?

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

60m euro? I thought we were getting a deal :(

"Most in Italy", I should have specified. Didn't they have us paying €80M and €300k per week for Tonali? :lol:

Just now, Rich said:

"Most in Italy", I should have specified. Didn't they have us paying €80M and €300k per week for Tonali? :lol:

Excellent point, my sources in Italy tell me he’s still in tears as well. 

Guest reefatoon

Would love to see Chiesa here. Fitness wise, we would have him super human like the rest of our players in no time.

Edited by reefatoon

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Seems a stretch that we'd get him for £35m like. 

Apparently we are looking at around €42m/£35m fee. Won’t go anywhere near €60m, nor will anyone else.

There’s no smoke without fire. He’s clearly available, and being touted around. Had a big injury, fallen out with Allegri, and Juve have no CL football, and the financial blow that has caused. There’s a deal to be made.

24 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I think as fans we are over cautious of ACL injuries due to the adaption Alan Shearer had to make to his game when he had his, which doesn’t appear to be the norm any more.

Not just that though. What do Juventus know if they are willing to part for £35m?

26 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I think as fans we are over cautious of ACL injuries due to the adaption Alan Shearer had to make to his game when he had his, which doesn’t appear to be the norm any more.

Agree. Wilson literally did both knees at Bournemouth 

2 minutes ago, JP said:

Agree. Wilson literally did both knees at Bournemouth 

And he’s nowhere near as good. Before them he was razor sharp. The Wilson we have is the Shearer after his injuries. His game has totally changed and uses his experience more. Wether that works as well on the wing is my concern.

45 minutes ago, LFEE said:

And he’s nowhere near as good. Before them he was razor sharp. The Wilson we have is the Shearer after his injuries. His game has totally changed and uses his experience more. Wether that works as well on the wing is my concern.

Didn’t he score more goals this year than he ever has in a PL season or am I misremembering? 

ACLs are bad news:

Studies show that within one year of ACL reconstruction surgery:

Only one-third of athletes return to their prior level of competition.

Less than 50 percent return to the same level of play within two to seven years.

Only 81 percent will return to any level of sport.

UPittMedCenter

No way anyone spends €60m for him. Being able to play across the front three is certainly nice though.  

21 minutes ago, LV said:

Didn’t he score more goals this year than he ever has in a PL season or am I misremembering? 

Your not. But you are also not factoring in he’d score even before his injuries. That chance at home against West Ham created by Gordon would’ve been dispatched. He’s lost a yard and half clearly.

2 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Back to the FFP stuff, if we have around £55m left to spend..

Let's say we buy Chiesa for £50m on a 5 year contract at £160k a week, then he'd cost:

50 / 5 = £10 million a year

160 * 4 * 12 = £7680

Let's call it £18m a year, am I wrong in thinking we could technically buy three Chiesa's? Is that too much of a simplified way of breaking FFP down?

Yes but you have to think of the next windows 

we have probably done this with most of our signings , so if we have to pay a percentage of trippier , Bruno , botman , Gordon , pope , isak , Tonali every year we won’t have much to spend in the forthcoming windows 

this is why we have such limited wiggle room 

25 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Your not. But you are also not factoring in he’d score even before his injuries. That chance at home against West Ham created by Gordon would’ve been dispatched. He’s lost a yard and half clearly.

Can't say I've noticed him losing a yard and a half pace, but even if he has, is that necessarily down to injury? Might it not just be he's in his 30's now?

27 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Is that purely down to his ACL or is that age as well? As he was 24 when he did his ACL for the second time and he is 31 now, it is surely to be expected that most players will lose a yard of pace when they are in their 30’s compared to early 20’s.

Most players have to adapt their game as they get older even if they haven’t sustained an injury.

As for why Juventus would sell him for £35 million; there is no saying they would but it would be a similar fee that they paid for him  last summer and is a saleable asset.

I don’t know a great deal about current Italian football but if the club feel he is worth the risk then I’m fully supportive of it.