NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

26 minutes ago, gdm said:

Sick to death of ffp 

Aye its got to the point now where it just needs sacked off. Stopping so many clubs to build properly. Transfer market is so inflated now half the teams can only buy 2 or 3 decent players before they're over their limit. Its no longer fit for purpose imo

Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

Aye its got to the point now where it just needs sacked off. Stopping so many clubs to build properly. Transfer market is so inflated now half the teams can only buy 2 or 3 decent players before they're over their limit. Its no longer fit for purpose imo

A cynical man might say the purpose is being served as intended.

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Well it's not fit for its advertised purpose...

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I think that's the whole point of FFP. There's nothing stopping us scouting thoroughly and finding cheaper talent as well.

“We’re prepared to be patient & get the right players. But we’re also aware we need to improve the squad — so there will come a time that we have to move things forward quicker. I’m very aware we do need more. The squad needs to be robust enough… to deal with the challenges that we face this season. We’re not currently close (to further signings). We are in the process of talking & negotiating — but Sandro’s transfer demonstrates how long it can take to get over the line."

image.thumb.png.26527fe0ebd5a36948aeed0a0045e450.png

We’re prepared to be patient & get the right players. But we’re also aware we need to improve the squad — so there will come a time that we have to move things forward quicker. Im very aware we do need more. The squad needs to be robust enough… to deal with the challenges that we face this season. We’re not currently close (to further signings). We are in the process of talking & negotiating — but Sandro’s transfer demonstrates how long it can take to get over the line."

image.png.764801a49b5b286c59bee63cb9f65535.png

We w ill s I g n c h i e s a & b a r n es ."

image.thumb.png.49c69ade8c807ddcd7248ead71e7c58e.png

"WE WILL SIGN CHIESA & BARNES"

image-16.jpg

7 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Just me who doesn't mind the FFP constraints?

Worst thing to see in football is watching clubs buy their way to the top in a couple of windows.

Give me a slow and steady build any day of the week. 

That’s fine but when arsenal can spend more on one player than our whole supposed budget it’s a bit of a piss take. Liverpool another one can change their whole midfield no problem

14 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Worst thing to see in football is watching clubs buy their way to the top in a couple of windows.

Having a set hierarchy that isn’t allowed to change is far more unhealthy for the sport IMO.

33 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Surely therefore it’s the opposite and forces you to build sensibly and will lead to deflated prices.

The market will always be inflated as long as chelsea city arsenal man utd etc hoy money about for donkeys. Other leagues see the Premier league and stick another 20 mill on top of the price. Makes it almost impossible to build properly with ffp limiting the non elites spending. 

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Surely therefore it’s the opposite and forces you to build sensibly and will lead to deflated prices.

It needed an intermediary built in as it rewarded part of what it was supposed to stop ie a wealthy owner just coming in and blitzing the transfer market, and because of it, it's maintaining and strengthening the status quo.

Edited by madras

Talk of deals not being 'close' is intentional ambiguity. 

I think the lack of football in the summer means we all obsess over transfers because we don't have the important bit to enjoy. If we can get one more major deal done before heading out to America it'll be grand. 

1 minute ago, Viana said:

Talk of deals not being 'close' is intentional ambiguity. 

I think the lack of football in the summer means we all obsess over transfers because we don't have the important bit to enjoy. If we can get one more major deal done before heading out to America it'll be grand. 

That’s cheap 

28 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I'm in favour too. It's not perfect, in that it's difficult to break into the circle of those who are already rich, but if there was no FFP, then one single club would dominate.

Also, FFP is not just about the top of the Premiership. It's there to protect all 92 clubs from reckless owners who overspend and then abandon ship when they end up in a position of insolvency. Leeds have still not recovered from the Ridsdale era.

FFP would work a lot better if the income gaps generated by TV money between the CL clubs and the rest of the Premiership, and between the Premiership and the Championship, could be shortened. The current situation puts pressure on owners to take risks.

Ffp hinders clubs like everton who would be able to spend there way out of the mess there in. So it helps the elite but not the rest as you have to push the boat out to catch up. Not fair at all in my opinion. 

40 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Having a set hierarchy that isn’t allowed to change is far more unhealthy for the sport IMO.

The thing is we're exempt from that to some extent. We've got entire nation backing us so we know we'll eventually get there but fuck doing that in 1 year, much rather we take our time with it, and dodge the accusations of buying it.

Our future is guaranteed, FFP or not.