NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

22 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Newcastle target boyhood fan as agent and family ties aid pursuit of Chelsea talent

July 21, 2023 Olly Hawkins

Earlier today, we released an NUFC Blog exclusiveon Newcastle’s interest in Chelsea talent Lewis Hall; a boyhood Toon fan who has more than one link to the club. 

It must be said that Chelsea are in no rush to sell the 18-year-old left-back following his breakthrough season at Stamford Bridge, but there’s a few factors at play that could work in our favour.

He comes from a family of Toon supporters. His father, Colin, is a Geordie, while his grandfather and older brother – who currently plays for National League side Solihull Moors – are both avid Newcastle fans. 

Speaking to The Chronicle two years ago, Hall’s younger brother admitted that the Berkshire-born pair would watch Newcastle whenever they played at Reading in the Premier League.

Additionally, it’s interesting to note that the young defender is represented by the same agency (Wasserman) as Eddie Howe, Harrison Ashby and two incoming signings in Harvey Barnes and Tino Livramento. This only means so much, but would aid lines of communication if we were to pursue a deal and suggests strong, pre-existing links between Wasserman and Newcastle.

As reported in our exclusive, Chelsea are unlikely to do us any favours and will demand a heft fee for the England youth international. However, it can only help that the player has ties to Tyneside and an agency who have been dealing with Newcastle United reps on a regular basis in recent weeks and months.

Wasserman also represent Hamza Choudhury, maybe we will finally get him over the line too…….??

Worth noting Chelsea have a bloated squad when it comes to the left side, especially if Pochettino is going for 4-2-3-1. 

Ben Chilwell, Marc Cucrella, and Ian Maatsen are battling it out for the left back role. If they planned to push him up then he's going up against a lot of more pedigreed wingers and also Tino Ajornin. I wouldn't anticipate getting him for a pittance but if they view Maatsen as a long term option they could easily look to take the FFP windfall and sell him. 

1 minute ago, Viana said:

Worth noting Chelsea have a bloated squad when it comes to the left side, especially if Pochettino is going for 4-2-3-1. 

Ben Chilwell, Marc Cucrella, and Ian Maatsen are battling it out for the left back role. If they planned to push him up then he's going up against a lot of more pedigreed wingers and also Tino Ajornin. I wouldn't anticipate getting him for a pittance but if they view Maatsen as a long term option they could easily look to take the FFP windfall and sell him. 

I think they will absolutely part with him but not for a fee we will come close to wanting to pay.

4 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Someone start a rumour on twitter that were in for Mbappe on a cheeky 12 month loan before he goes to RM.

no word of a lie I had this from a spurs fan that the plan was to sell Kane for £90m and take Mbappe on loan for a £50m fee.

he would flop horribly in that scenario, wouldn’t risk his RM move

The amount of people saying "not god enough with the added games of European football".. Do these people know that FFP exists? How could we possibly have made our squad good enough to compete on 4 fronts without breaking the FFP rules? Sign 8 players for a total of £350 mill? [emoji38]

I also hope for 2 more players after Barnes (Livramento + 1 more maybe), but some people on there saying we need 3 or 4 more players even if we get Livramento.. I'd say that they've done well even if all they get is these 3 in the picture. Step by step, lets be realistic..

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

The amount of people saying "not god enough with the added games of European football".. Do these people know that FFP exists? How could we possibly have made our squad good enough to compete on 4 fronts without breaking the FFP rules? Sign 8 players for a total of £350 mill? [emoji38]

I think you're exaggerating with 8 players, in that example we're signing 3 players and selling one I think it's normal to expect more than 2 extra players.

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Folk are unrealistic; however, where desperate for a CD with pace, the stats don’t show it but thought we started to look very vulnerable with the high line in 2nd half of the season, especially against top teams.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

I think you're exaggerating with 8 players, in that example we're signing 3 players and selling one I think it's normal to expect more than 2 extra players.

Technically we need another LB, CB, Striker, RW after Livra to be fully set.. Obviously that's not possible. Just need to make the best out of it. If we sign Barnes and Livra for 38m and 30m, we've spent 123m - 30m (ASM) which is £93m. Maybe we can afford 1 more player, but that will technically not be enough to fight on all fronts still. Which I don't think we could've expected going into the window. Our squad was thin before the window, so that's why I'm saying we would've needed like 8 players (maybe more like 6) to be able to fully "compete on all fronts", atleast by the standards of some fans..

Edited by Erikse

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I also hope for 2 more players after Barnes (Livramento + 1 more maybe), but some people on there saying we need 3 or 4 more players even if we get Livramento.. I'd say that they've done well even if all they get is these 3 in the picture. Step by step, lets be realistic..

Successful but if we are hamstrung by FFP I'd hope we'd look at the loan market (with obligation to buy). Especially for a left back.

I'm not sure our squad is really thin 

We have 2 players for every position, due to versatility we have some flexibility in this area 

The quality of those players could get better but if it means it takes place over a few years rather than a sticky plaster job now then I'd much rather wait 

I went in to the window thinking we needed improvements to the first team in LB, CM and RW plus cover for Schar.

If the window closes and we have Burn and Targett at left back and Almiron and Murphy on the right then I won’t see it as a successful window.

Edited by Matt1892

52 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I went in to the window thinking we needed improvements to the first team in LB, CM and RW plus cover for Schar.

If the window closes and we have Burn and Targett at left back and Almiron and Murphy on the right then I won’t see it as a successful window.

Everyone who didn’t go around saying “we have more money - this ffp line is just ((insert blank))” knew this window was going to be tight. Expecting all of the above positions to be tackled in my opinion was always crazy for this window.

Edited by Gawalls

Careful and responsible building over several years makes perfect sense to me. The vultures are circling and we’ll get fucking murdered if we put a foot wrong. Add quality when it’s available and don’t get the collective knickers in a twist if we don’t finish top four next season. 
starting to look like there’s unrealistic expectations and a sense of entitlement appearing here. What happened to ‘we want a team that tries’?

we want a team that tries, has a sensible plan and is playing the long game.