NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I’m surprised how many on here don’t see/or choose to not see our lack of creativity? Even more teams this season will try to limit our game when it comes to transitional play. Tactically decide that the best thing against us is to sit deep. Especially the “lesser teams”. Transfer window ain’t closed yet but imho we need some real flair and creativity to not drop too many points against the “lesser” sides. I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but it kind of feels like it’s been pretty quiet on this overall. Maybe I have missed it as I haven’t been too active lately because of vacation. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I just don’t think we can accommodate a number 10 or dedicated creative player because of our system and style. 

We’ll be relying on quick 1-2s, bit of pace and some dribbling by Isak. 

Imo it doesn’t need to be a 10. It could be say a right sided forward that is creative. There are creative players with work rate and pace out there that we could use in all kinds of games. Quick 1-2s hasn’t really helped us that much against low block defences as there is next to no space (quite a few occasions). I think teams playing against us this coming season will be “less naive” and try to sit deeper and frustrate us. Id be very surprised if there isn’t any creative players out there that would fit in to our team and style. Doesn’t have to be a dedicated creative player. I think as we evolve we need to be able to adapt and play different styles at times. Even if we have our “base style”. That’s just my opinion and view in it. Time will tell how well we do against low block defending teams. And yeah, having a more creative player doesn’t mean we have to change our style. Just the player himself will help to drag players out of position and unlock and make things happen in tight spaces. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I thought both him and Mckennie were honking tbh

McKennie didn’t impress with Leeds, but Adams was ace last season. As important to Leeds as Palhinha was to Fulham. 

Guest reefatoon
33 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I’m surprised how many on here don’t see/or choose to not see our lack of creativity? Even more teams this season will try to limit our game when it comes to transitional play. Tactically decide that the best thing against us is to sit deep. Especially the “lesser teams”. Transfer window ain’t closed yet but imho we need some real flair and creativity to not drop too many points against the “lesser” sides. I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but it kind of feels like it’s been pretty quiet on this overall. Maybe I have missed it as I haven’t been too active lately because of vacation. 

I don’t quite agree with that regarding a lack of creativity. These games against lesser teams and the amount of draws we had didn’t really come down to a lack of creativity or chances, and more to do with poor finishing. Even teams that sat deep against us, we still created chances to score. Think this is where Barnes comes into play.

Even without that flair player, I thought we were really creative.

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Imo it doesn’t need to be a 10. It could be say a right sided forward that is creative. There are creative players with work rate and pace out there that we could use in all kinds of games. Quick 1-2s hasn’t really helped us that much against low block defences as there is next to no space (quite a few occasions). I think teams playing against us this coming season will be “less naive” and try to sit deeper and frustrate us. Id be very surprised if there isn’t any creative players out there that would fit in to our team and style. Doesn’t have to be a dedicated creative player. I think as we evolve we need to be able to adapt and play different styles at times. Even if we have our “base style”. That’s just my opinion and view in it. Time will tell how well we do against low block defending teams. And yeah, having a more creative player doesn’t mean we have to change our style. Just the player himself will help to drag players out of position and unlock and make things happen in tight spaces. 

Aye, much of the above is why I don't really like the idea of Gordon playing on the right.

Think ideally we get a left footed RW who is going to play quite narrow and operate in a lot of the spaces a #10 would normally find themselves in while Trippier bombs forward and provides the width.

Almiron is actually pretty well suited to it, but you'd want someone who offers more as a passer to help with what you've mentioned.

The ideal signing for this would probably be Raphinha but Barcelona not landing Messi or Guler likely killed off whatever slim hope we had of getting him.

I'd also have loved us to get Guler ourselves... but as I recall you don't really rate him, Ikon.

13 hours ago, STM said:

There's alot of players who I just don't count as serviceable players, the likes of Dummett and Ritchie who will only play in the event of an emergency... with that in mind... (Let's assume Darlow and ASM gone).

On the other hand, defence sticks out like a sore thumb. Two injuries and we go from one of the best defences in the league, to something more akin to a bottom half side. It does seem strange that we have targeted Livramento, who plays on the right when left seems to be less stocked. Perhaps his flexibility and Trippiers ability to play on the left is a factor.

It actually wouldn't surprise me at all if we target another left footed centre back. That frees up Burn and offers us depth.

What does "Frees up Burn" mean in this case? He will most likely be second choice left back and second choice LCB. And there is even Dummett for that slot as a total last choice. No need for that at all imo. If Lascelles stays, we may survive without RCB, but it is a risk. Manquillo most likely is off, so we need backup right back for sure. That is why Livramento is obvious target. Club most likely thinks he is good enough to take the place when Trippier goes. We have two decent left backs and if you count Manquillo then certainly also Lewis as a LB? Most like both will be off I would guess.

I would like to think we need rb, rcb and a starting right winger, but I guess wingers are done with Barnes. Defensive midfielder would be nice, but seems like Eddie will play Bruno as a sot of 6 anyway.

10 minutes ago, Zero said:

We will definitely have one more signing at the very least. No way we could survive this season without bringing in one more defender. Absolutely no way.

I agree. I think it’ll be at least one full signing of a defender and maybe one loan option. I also think we might bring in another winger/forward option for the right side.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

That was Lee Ryder asking him to mark the transfer window out of ten. In July. :lol: Such a dope.

Did he not ask him for a list of ‘ten things we have learnt about this transfer window’?

My only ask for new signings, besides backup to Trippier, would be someone who can unlock a game with something special. Whether that is with a good pass, dribble, etc, doesnt matter. 

Also dont mind what position this is in. 

Someone that you hold you breath when they get the ball. Someone who gets you off your feet.