NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

25 minutes ago, Willow said:

How about Gnonto from Leeds? A cheeky loan offer perhaps

Watched the game at the weekend - a lot of energy but his shots were really really bad, all down the keepers throat. Also why would Leeds loan him to anyone? They kept saying on the commentary that he’s available for £15m so just buy him if it came to that.

25 minutes ago, Willow said:

How about Gnonto from Leeds? A cheeky loan offer perhaps

Yes, more Left Wingers is what we need!

Eddie Howes Left Wing Mags.

In all seriousness though, yes I would take him on loan for sure. He can play at RW as well to be fair to him, the same way Gordon could and Murphy could play Left. Plenty of adaptability. 

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Kilman was big in the rumour mill in the early in the window for a couple of clubs, I think Napoli wanted him to replace Min-Jae and West Ham wanted him more recently, could just be agent stuff as usual.

He's left footed though, so that would leave us with a weirdly left foot heavy backline. He's fantastic no doubt and would probably cost the same as Andersen so maybe its a straight choice between the two.

They Midlands journalists on Talksport yesterday said that Kilman is in charge of the senior group at Wolves and is very well respected, he's not to quick though is he ? 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

They Midlands journalists on Talksport yesterday said that Kilman is in charge of the senior group at Wolves and is very well respected, he's not to quick though is he ? 

He's quicker than Andersen and Either of Botman/Schar but he's not at the level of the City or Arenal backline. Was surprised at his age actually, I had previously thought he was 22/23 but he's 26 now so certainly at the age he needs to make a big move if he wants to really progress his career.

Aye. I'd like a bit of recovery pace in the backline eventually, but it's currently mitigated by having one of the best sweeper keepers in the league. You don't necessarily need pace at CB either if you have quick full backs. It's just that extra bit of insurance if someone gets in behind.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Aye, unless he can play LB similar to Burn. 

He can! Good on the ball too. Would be a massive upgrade to Burn for sure with a similar profile.  Although left footed he would also provide great depth at CB. 

My only issue is I like Burn. But Kilman is just much better.  

I’ve been against signing another PL player but I’d rather Kilman than Anderson or Chalobah. As he would start at left back for me. 

24 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The way people go on about our slow back line you would think it was down to them that we didn’t finish with more points.

I know - I mean as good as Eddie Howe is, it wouldn’t do him any harm to log on here once in a while to learn how to do his job a little better.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we sign a Tino and an Asprilla in one summer then boy howdy I can't wait for Adam P to make the connection in video form. 

To be clear I had a beer with him in Philadelphia, he's an astoundingly pleasant and interested guy. I totally want him to succeed having spent time with him.

Edited by Theregulars

3 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

The way people go on about our slow back line you would think it was down to them that we didn’t finish with more points.

It was in a way, them not scoring from corners or free kicks in spite of lots of fine deliveries.

Their defending however was top notch.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm at that TF journalist event tonight after being given a free ticket for it #mackem

Caulkin, Hope, Douglas and Downie all there. I'll report back any interesting patter if there is any.

The amount of smug in that room man. Honking.

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm at that TF journalist event tonight after being given a free ticket for it #mackem

Caulkin, Hope, Douglas and Downie all there. I'll report back any interesting patter if there is any.

How many times will ffp be mentioned do you reckon ?

3 minutes ago, Rocker said:

The amount of smug in that room man. Honking.

Going to ask Hope about just how feasible is it that a £75m budget can leave the atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How many times will ffp be mentioned do you reckon ?

Can't wait.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

30 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

never mind a free ticket, I think you'd have to pay me to attend that.