NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, Shearergol said:

At CB though? Who are they?

Tbf Wham have 2 CBs who are decently quick. Maguire will obvs seriously reduce that average but apparently Moyes likes a low block so……

5 hours ago, Shearergol said:

My knowledge of world football is terrible compared to a lot on here, but how many teams have a rapid CB?

All Man City CBs excluding Laporte have a decent turn of pace - Dias, Stones, Ake, Akanji. 

Varane used to be rapid but he’s still pretty quick. Not sure if he’s quick but Martinez is excellent 1v1 especially in wide areas. Certainly faster than Botman and Schar. 

Prime Virgil was rapid. Matip was no slouch. Konate is rapid. 

The last good Chelsea team had Rudiger who is rapid. 

Militao, Rudiger and Alaba all rapid at Real.  Prime Ramos and Pepe were quick too. 

You can’t be an elite aide with a high line with 2 slow centrebacks. 

Botman is fine. He actually runs faster than you think. I do agree we need to buy one more fast CB though. However as I stated before a new LB is our top priority now. New CB come next 

An athletic, genuinely quick CB would be my wish. Not easy to come by, it would plug a bit of a weakness we have against certain sides.

If we get caught out of shape and face quick transition we’re relatively easy to get in behind against quick players. As a defensive unit, there is a lack of pace. You can’t rely on positional play and reading of the game all of the time.

We had a great defensive record last season. I’d fully expect other managers to have been working hard to identity why.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Ben Jacobs linking us with Max Kilman.

Kilman was big in the rumour mill in the early in the window for a couple of clubs, I think Napoli wanted him to replace Min-Jae and West Ham wanted him more recently, could just be agent stuff as usual.

He's left footed though, so that would leave us with a weirdly left foot heavy backline. He's fantastic no doubt and would probably cost the same as Andersen so maybe its a straight choice between the two.

Edited by Mazzy

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Isn’t that the guy Napoli bid 35m for and we’re rejected ?

Makes me think there’s something in his stats and play that makes him a viable facsimile for KMJ; someone we were also heavily linked with.

If we buy a left-sided cb, it means we’re definitely not in for a left-back though.