NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

3 weeks of the window left and there seems to be only one definite name (Andersen) floating about.

Some tenious rumours about Solet, Amrabat and Zaniolo but I don't see any of them happening. Solet is young and quick but he seems so raw, not sure how ready he would be for Premier League. The other two is just nonsense I think.

What order of ability etc would you rate them in out of interest? 

To be fair to Palace I'm not sure why they would or should budge on 40m for Andersen. He has 3 years left on his contract and is highly rated and in demand. Just approaching his prime.

I think we can do better for that money but we do know he could likely slot right in. That might be worth the extra money 🤷‍♂️

Posters who say such and such a player isnt right, or too raw or not good enough are looking at a potential transfer wrong.

They should be asking can Howe improve them. What can he do with a player who was never Bruced in the 1st place.

Not a dig btw, more of an observation.

I love Schar. I want to be clear on that right now. However, Andersen’s better than him. He could play for the likes of Arsenal or Man City quite easily. Good on the ball, lovely range of passing, similar to Botman that he doesn’t ever really have to so much because his positional sense is excellent. 

some people think we should sign players who already play for champions league teams. It’s weird.

I reckon we’ll get Andersen for a good price too btw

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I love Schar. I want to be clear on that right now. However, Andersen’s better than him. He could play for the likes of Arsenal or Man City quite easily. Good on the ball, lovely range of passing, similar to Botman that he doesn’t ever really have to so much because his positional sense is excellent. 

some people think we should sign players who already play for champions league teams. It’s weird.

I reckon we’ll get Andersen for a good price too btw

He's 27 though

GjBPJSO.gif

Spoiler

;) 

:thup:

Murphy had a good game generally against Villarreal, but it was his recovery pace in particular that stood out to me. It made me remember DeAndre Yedlin more fondly than I ever had before. Gets you out of loads of bother having at least one full-back that can turn the afterburners on.

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

Andersen is great, but another player with little pace. I want a quicker CB next to Botman.

Agree. Hes a very good CB and almost a Schar clone. But im unsure about going down the same route. Andersen passing will suit Barnes perfect, but we are slow at the back. Would be a solid buy, but think we need pace.

Just now, nufc123 said:

Agree. Hes a very good CB and almost a Schar clone. But im unsure about going down the same route. Andersen passing will suit Barnes perfect, but we are slow at the back. Would be a solid buy, but think we need pace.

My knowledge of world football is terrible compared to a lot on here, but how many teams have a rapid CB?

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

My knowledge of world football is terrible compared to a lot on here, but how many teams have a rapid CB?

Not rapid, but all our top 6 rivals got a lot more pace at the back.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

At CB though? Who are they?

I was thinking the whole defence line, but wich CB are slower than ours at the top? I mean its not a huge huge problem but its one of the weak spots. But at the same time Schar/Andersen passing will also benefit us a lot. I dont know.. 

29 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

And not as good defence records

Im not complaining. Andersen would be very good. But the pace at the back is a concern.

Edited by nufc123