NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

For the people who want Tierney. Are you not worried about his injury situation?

I don't think he's got an injury situation at the moment?

I think someone posted his injury record and it isn't that bad and he was fit most of last season, just Arteta didn't fancy him

2 minutes ago, SAK said:

Is that because he’s not been picked for ages?

He’s still training every day and playing the occasional match though. Not as if he’s sat doing nowt :lol: 

The club will be approaching both Arsenal and Chelsea and sounding out the best option 

There is probably a preference but this is a good bit of opportunism - both clubs could probably do with making a sale, both clubs have too many players. If they know the club is flexible and pursuing multiple targets it’ll make them a bit more realistic in valuations 

For me, 5m loan plus 20m option for Tierney is perfect. If you are Arsenal that's a good deal. They signed him for similar money and I don't think they are getting that from anyone else.

Hopefully we're going public with Tierney but behind the scenes forcing Chelsea to shit themselves about Hall and get them to do us a deal. 

Really like the look of Hall, think he would utterly brilliant under Howe 

Edited by Scotty66

Appearance based permanent option loan would be perfect. Gives us chance to assess if he can stay fit playing week in week out and if not we can then just send him back at the end of season. Not that Arsenal would go for that, because who wants to help out the evil Newcastle. 

I think arsenal are missing a trick by not loaning us him with an option to buy. For one he'd not be able to play against them but if we had to fork out to buy him he would and could scupper there chances if they're in a title race. 

5 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

My mate works for the SFA and reckon Tierney’s knee is held together with elastic bands and highland toffee 

Yeah my mate works at the elastic band factory and reckons tierneys on the phone every week ordering more.

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Yeah my mate works at the elastic band factory and reckons tierneys on the phone every week ordering more.

You will actually NEVER believe this, but I know someone who has shares in Highland toffee….

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

You will actually NEVER believe this, but I know someone who has shares in Highland toffee….

Wham bars and Highland toffee was my main food group at school, my guts must have been like cement