NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Is it though? Tonali £53m Barnes £38m minus Wood £15m Darlow .5m Shelvey .5m = £75m

So we had to sell ASM to increase budget and furthermore unlock the FFP even more so…

Selling ASM £25m has unlocked Liv £30m and hopefully Hall £28m (possibly to be loan fee and bulk next years budget) is the way I’m following it and therefore would still give us room for a similar big deal for a RCB.

Despite me not wanting us to the sale of ASM has allowed us to get 2 if not 3 players in that EH wants.

We're going to end up spending about £100-110m net at least.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're going to end up spending about £100-110m net at least.

You are missing the point. Re-read my post. In short our FFP budget does seem to of been £75m with no player sales. 

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You are missing the point. Re-read my post. In short our FFP budget does seem to of been £75m with no player sales. 

I've read it but I doubt our journalists have meant it like that. To me net spend is always cash spent - cash received. 

With Hall through, can't see anyone else coming in. Howe's been adamant you can't just overhaul things too quickly, and risk unsettling the group - so whilst that could just be rhetoric, it's why I think our business could be done with Hall. Seems as Howe has found his 'group' with Hendrick, Hayden, Fraser nowhere to be seen. Lewis Miley will get minutes in first team before Jan, something we didn't factor prior to pre-season, and possibly Murphy and Jamie Miley too bulking out the first team.

Dream for me would shifting 2 of the 3 ghosts-of-Ashley-past, and saving ourselves for January and look to improve somewhere with another 'blow-out' signing. As it's a dream, Napoli have a stinking start, finish bottom in CL, out of Europe all together and under everyone's noses we prize Kvara away in January 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I've read it but I doubt our journalists have meant it like that. To me net spend is always cash spent - cash received. 

Either way our net or FFP spend was £75m if you look at the breakdown ?

The budget changed once ASM was sold which again was reported. We’ve got to be creative with the deals but it opens things up like others who understand FFP better than me have explained.

Selling ASM for £25m doesn’t make the budget £100m from original £75m. It increases it further. By how much you’ll have to ask someone else but we are getting close to the limit depending on structure of Hall.

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Could still happen. Elite RCB next summer [emoji38]

Does make you wonder where we go next summer!

RCB and RW/AM makes sense. Still think at least one of those could happen this window if Hall is wrapped up this week.

Another top draw striker to have Wilson on the bench and maybe another young back up forward. 

We are alot further forward squad wise than I would have expected. Should also see more youth start coming through in a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Does make you wonder where we go next summer!

RCB and RW/AM makes sense. Still think at least one of those could happen this window if Hall is wrapped up this week.

Another top draw striker to have Wilson on the bench and maybe another young back up forward. 

We are alot further forward squad wise than I would have expected. Should also see more youth start coming through in a couple of years.

Great time to be alive and watch us finally lift off and realise the dreams Kev instilled :indi:

Once Hall is through with it being a loan I think we have done that to of course allow to possibly make 1 more signing and money there if needed. Gives us more time to try shift the likes of Fraser, Hendrick, Manquillo, krafth, Hayden etc and get us some more wiggle room.

25 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Once Hall is through with it being a loan I think we have done that to of course allow to possibly make 1 more signing and money there if needed. Gives us more time to try shift the likes of Fraser, Hendrick, Manquillo, krafth, Hayden etc and get us some more wiggle room.

Think they’ll give Krafu a chance after his good showing before his injury!  The rest yes please. 

The only small gripe we could have is in an ideal world we would have a better back up to Schar than Lascelles or even a different kind of option to Schar, compare that to a few windows ago when we were disappointed in not getting Choudary in purely based on it would have been someone through the door. Love the way we have gone about things. Despite people throwing around the terms "blood money" and "oil money" we've done this in a good way. Probably a lot to do with FFP, given the way the Saudis have spent back home I think we would have been in for anyone without restrictions

3 minutes ago, Tisd09 said:

The only small gripe we could have is in an ideal world we would have a better back up to Schar than Lascelles or even a different kind of option to Schar, compare that to a few windows ago when we were disappointed in not getting Choudary in purely based on it would have been someone through the door. Love the way we have gone about things. Despite people throwing around the terms "blood money" and "oil money" we've done this in a good way. Probably a lot to do with FFP, given the way the Saudis have spent back home I think we would have been in for anyone without restrictions

And a basket case team. So glad we’re doing it like this. Credit to our business structure and Eddie and staff :indi:

9 hours ago, McCormick said:

Really nice pickup for Forest at such a good price too.

Eager to see how he gets on in the Prem. Think he's quality.

Don't understand how he's been overlooked by the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd who are looking for DMs, but I'm glad they seemingly don't know what they're doing.

It's mad that I'm at the point where I feel confident that the people doing our transfer business are just massively competent and I trust what they're doing implicitly.

Like, my mind is telling me we're light on the wings... but I also think that if we don't bring a winger in it just means that I'm probably wrong :lol:

So we are done this window. I am extremely happy for what we got, we solved the full back problems, we got a top quality CM, and we got a proven left winger in EPL.

I do miss ASM though

Edited by Zero

7 minutes ago, Shak said:

It's mad that I'm at the point where I feel confident that the people doing our transfer business are just massively competent and I trust what they're doing implicitly.

Like, my mind is telling me we're light on the wings... but I also think that if we don't bring a winger in it just means that I'm probably wrong :lol:

On the wings we have Barnes/Gordon/Joelinton left, on the right Almiron/Murphy, Gordon can play that side as well. Livramento and Hall can both play wide. 

At Centre half we are shorter imo and through the middle forward is short as well.

Spot on about being confident in those handling the dealings though :thup:

Just now, madras said:

On the wings we have Barnes/Gordon/Joelinton left, on the right Almiron/Murphy, Gordon can play that side as well. Livramento and Hall can both play wide. 

At Centre half we are shorter imo and through the middle forward is short as well.

Spot on about being confident in those handling the dealings though :thup:

I guess we'll just have to come to terms with having Burns and Lascelles as back up CBs. Doesn't really solve our lack of pace issue there though, but I guess we managed well enough last season.