NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Totally agree. Never understood the clamour from some for a DM. Much prefer having three in there who can switch and cover. Was great seeing Miley dropping in when Bruno pushed forward. Bruno is a must and is irreplaceable for that central role of the three, moving him for a player to just sit seems utter madness to me.

Tbf, Bruno was getting caught on the ball early in the season and he was committing a few fouls, his partnership with Tonali never looked like it had clicked either. Since he's signed the new contract he's been outstanding though and we've heard very little from fans about him not being able to play the no 6 role effectively. When he's on his game he can pretty much orchestrate the midfield from the deeper lying areas.

41 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Don't think his Dad going on that podcast has done Ramsdale any favours. Dad's have to be like Bruno's otherwise not allowed, sorry.

Maguires mam as well.

Stfu. I know they are your kids, but they are grown men and can handle it themselves, and evidently better then you.

I think if we want to rest bruno now and again we will need a player like that lad at fulham the Portuguese lad. Is it paulinha he seems press resistant and can spray the ball about aswell. 

Edited by andycap

11 minutes ago, andycap said:

I think if we want to rest bruno now and again we will need a player like that lad at fulham the Portuguese lad. Is it paulinha he seems press resistant and can spray the ball about aswell. 

Signing for bayern in January

If we want cover for Bruno they need to either be a young player coming through who is happy to sit on the bench and we can ease in or a player who can play all 3 of our centre midfield roles

Paulinha for me doesn't fall into either of those categories

Miley looks like the cover for Bruno IMO.

Looks far more comfortable on the ball in tight spaces than Longstaff ever has.

Added bonus if being able to play the more advanced roles but DM I'm our system looks like it might be his ideal role to me.

Ideal signing would be a player who can play either on the wing or as the most advanced of the CMs.

I think Miley showing he's already able to slot into the starting xi (and arguably put some pressure on longstaff to perform when he returns?) means a winger and ch are more likely what we'll see in january. Honestly not so concerned with Dubravka to fill in while Pope's out

42 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If we want cover for Bruno they need to either be a young player coming through who is happy to sit on the bench and we can ease in or a player who can play all 3 of our centre midfield roles

Paulinha for me doesn't fall into either of those categories

Manu Kone or Caqueret would be good signings - both can play all 3 roles 

Kone would probably suit the PL the most - you could argue Caqueret is similar to Miley/Tonali 

13 hours ago, Shak said:

I don't know if it's a January thing or summer but I'm increasingly interested in us targeting a top class CF.

Both to rotate with Isak sometimes and also play with him others.

Think the only way that'd happen is if Wilson left. More likely we'd get a RW capable of playing up front as well?

13 hours ago, Shak said:

I don't know if it's a January thing or summer but I'm increasingly interested in us targeting a top class CF.

Both to rotate with Isak sometimes and also play with him others.

Yeah, the fitness of Isak and Wilson is dodgy and we need a third option. It might be Minteh, and I think he'll probably return to us in January.

14 hours ago, TRon said:

Tbf, Bruno was getting caught on the ball early in the season and he was committing a few fouls, his partnership with Tonali never looked like it had clicked either. Since he's signed the new contract he's been outstanding though and we've heard very little from fans about him not being able to play the no 6 role effectively. When he's on his game he can pretty much orchestrate the midfield from the deeper lying areas.

Overall, we've been incredibly lucky with Bruno's fitness. Despite his workload and his number of appearances, he's kept himself available. It's no coincidence that our worst performance (Bournemouth) came when he was out of the side.

Dare I say, his form seems to have improved in Tonali's absence. With Miley's emergence, it may be difficult to fit Sandro in.

14 hours ago, Shak said:

Miley looks like the cover for Bruno IMO.

Looks far more comfortable on the ball in tight spaces than Longstaff ever has.

Added bonus if being able to play the more advanced roles but DM I'm our system looks like it might be his ideal role to me.

Ideal signing would be a player who can play either on the wing or as the most advanced of the CMs.

Agree, Miley seems to have the same calmness under pressure, a different player to Bruno, not quite as inventive, but he does have the same knack for finding space and avoiding the press before finding a team mate. If you want to play possession football that's crucial.

55 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think the only way that'd happen is if Wilson left. More likely we'd get a RW capable of playing up front as well?

A left footed Isak who can play RW if needed would be ideal :lol:

Honestly, my thought is that Wilson should be deployed almost exclusively as a super sub. He'll be 32 years old going into next season, his injury issues aren't going to get better and there's no real game situation I can think of where he wouldn't be handy for the last 30 minutes.

If he's not happy with that and wants regular first team football then best of luck to him but surely a few years of being part of a squad chasing trophies is a preferable finish to his career than going back to playing for a midtable Premier League team like he has for most of his career?

Wilson's been fantastic for us, but the latest injury is probably one too many for us. He's still a valuable player, but we do need a CF version of Livramento, someone who we can bring in as a long term replacement for Wilson, but who is ready to play right now if needed. Maybe someone in the Jao Pedro mode. I wouldn't even be that shocked if we went back in for Ekiteke considering Howe really fancied him the first time round.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Yeah, the fitness of Isak and Wilson is dodgy and we need a third option. It might be Minteh, and I think he'll probably return to us in January.

Hasnt it been posted a million times here that we cant recall him?