NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Posted (edited)
Just now, Joelinton7 said:

Hope reckons well get 5m for Wilson

Where has he said that?

I watched a video with him the other day where he said 15 IIRC.

Selling Wilson for 5 is a waste of time. Might as well have him putting the cones out.

Edited by STM

How much would Pope go for? Would probably make the Valencia keeper a no brainer if Pope’s sale would cover half his fee. 

32 minutes ago, STM said:

I actually entirely agree on the 2 players thing. Something like 100m. If I were to take a stab at how our transfer window went, it would be something like this:

Tosin IN free (ish)

Kelly IN free (ish)

Miggy OUT 14-19m

Wilson OUT 10-15m

Something like:

Neto/Williams/Olise IN 50m

Solanke/Sesko IN 50m

Then towards the end of the window, it would be a case of assessing what offers we get elsewhere. We might get a worthwhile offer for Targett or Krafth and the reality is that you just have to try and let them go. Anything we get back for them two, might allow us to do a Lewis Hall type deal (Loan with an obligation).

If the above happened, we've had a good window IMO.

I agree broadly with what you're saying. 

If we sell Wilson, I don't think his replacement will cost £50m. And neither Solanke or Sesko would join if they were to be sitting on the bench..

I think our net spend will be <50m.

Unless we do something unexpected or sell a jewel.

33 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

On his YouTube channel 

Pretty sure he said 10 mil on that last video I watched

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If we sell Wilson, I don't think his replacement will cost £50m. And neither Solanke or Sesko would join if they were to be sitting on the bench..

Been saying this for a while, the Sesko/Solanke links/wishful thinking are non-starters, even if Wilson goes. They only become goers if Isak leaves. 

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I agree broadly with what you're saying. 

I think our net spend will be <50m.

Unless we do something unexpected or sell a jewel.

That's just a lack of imagination on my part with the strikers.

This is where we need our scouting department to know where to look. If we can find a 21/22 year with some experience but plenty of room for growth around the 30m mark, that's where we should go.

Joao Pedro really was that deal. If we can get someone like that to dovetail with Isak, I think we are in business.

15 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Been saying this for a while, the Sesko/Solanke links/wishful thinking are non-starters, even if Wilson goes. They only become goers if Isak leaves. 

Well I'd suggest our scouting department disagrees. From all accounts we have a serious interest in Sesko, before and after Isak joining.

1 hour ago, STM said:

I actually entirely agree on the 2 players thing. Something like 100m. If I were to take a stab at how our transfer window went, it would be something like this:

Tosin IN free (ish)

Kelly IN free (ish)

Miggy OUT 14-19m

Wilson OUT 10-15m

Something like:

Solanke/Sesko IN 50m

Then towards the end of the window, it would be a case of assessing what offers we get elsewhere. We might get a worthwhile offer for Targett or Krafth and the reality is that you just have to try and let them go. Anything we get back for them two, might allow us to do a Lewis Hall type deal (Loan with an obligation).

Olise is going nowhere for 50 million. 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Olise is going nowhere for 50 million. 

Perhaps not, it was a rough guide. I should have known better. :lol:

1 hour ago, STM said:

Tosin IN free (ish)

Kelly IN free (ish)

Miggy OUT 14-19m

Wilson OUT 10-15m

Something like:

Solanke/Sesko IN 50m

Not to be that guy but loads of people forgetting that we have to buy Hall at 30 odd million too this window.

26 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

I think we'll sign quality and spread the payments till the new rules kick in...I expect around 100 mill over 2 or 3 players with bits coming back from sales.

Spreading payments has no impact on PSR/FFP. Just the fee/years on contract + annual wages.

27 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Not to be that guy but loads of people forgetting that we have to buy Hall at 30 odd million too this window.

Aye that too.

Any idea what contract Hall will get, bound to be 6 years? 

His fee was reported as 28m + add ons, I would assume those add ons are appearance/performance based and unlikely to kick in until next summer...

If his 28m is amortised over 5 years, that's around 5.6 we have to account for this season. I'm not saying it's nothing but it's also not alot.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

They don't have our FFP constraints.

They don't have our GK constraints, either. I'd sacrifice an RW for another season and go with Gordon there with Murphy/Miggy/Minteh cover on the right and Barnes with Willock and Anderson as cover the other side if we could get a keeper that transforms the way we can play from GK for £35m.

33 minutes ago, STM said:

His fee was reported as 28m + add ons, I would assume those add ons are appearance/performance based and unlikely to kick in until next summer...

If his 28m is amortised over 5 years, that's around 5.6 we have to account for this season. I'm not saying it's nothing but it's also not alot.

We have payed 4m for the loan I think.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Saying that - we spent 40m for Barnes to sit on the bench so who knows.

And Hall for £28m... And Livro for close to £40m (I think). If we had no major injuries this season, chances are £60-70m would have sat on bench for future. I don't think we bring in anyone other than a RW who goes straight into team. Even the CD will go in and potentially come out once Botman fit.

32 minutes ago, STM said:

Plus we've still got to pay for all the players we amortised over the previous windows.

We've still not finished paying for Bruno, Botman, Isak, Trippier, Livramento, Barnes, Tonali, Burn, Targett or Pope yet.

We're still on the hook for at least £70m/year for all of them yet.

We've got to continually understand and appreciate our running total of commitments regarding amortisation, not immediately forget all previous transfers once a new window opens.

I know I'm like a broken record with this and it's not aimed at you as such, but the forum as a whole has a big blind spot on this thinking we can just keep spending a net of £100m/season provided we use the magic "amortisation" word.

Revenue growth is now vital. And the PL are hamstringing us there. I'm sure we're working on it behind the scenes but until we make significant moves there, we're likely up against the wall for transfers.

40 minutes ago, STM said:

You have to add that to 1/5 of tonali, Gordon, botman, Bruno, isak, Barnes, Tino etcs fees too though that are payable this summer too.