NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

44 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That is probably who Ramsdale's tweet was at not Edwards. I think he's a decent keeper and 15m is very cheap so would be fairly happy if this came off. My mate is adamant we are going to sign that Valencia keeper from Georgia but I've never seen him so no idea how good he is

Just now, Ikon said:

It’s not quite this simple. It doesn’t sound like a lot but it adds up on other running deals. It’s 3m less we can use on other deals per year. 

I’m aware, I still don’t think it’s a big chunk 

Just now, Ikon said:

Of course even 15m “only” would also affect our other business, don’t be silly. I don’t mind spending money on a keeper but if we do it then let’s make sure that player really improves us too. Quality over quantity imo. 

If they are choosing to spend that on Ramsdale instead, do you not think that is a calculated move on their part? We'll soon find out how much it affects the other business we do. Time will surely tell.

Seems you are happy to continue with the likes of Dubravka if we can't spend upwards of £30 million on a goalie. I disagree with this completely.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

That is probably who Ramsdale's tweet was at not Edwards. I think he's a decent keeper and 15m is very cheap so would be fairly happy if this came off. My mate is adamant we are going to sign that Valencia keeper from Georgia but I've never seen him so no idea how good he is

Here’s a little comparison for you -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tml_AfyXcO8&pp=ygUnYWFyb24gcmFtc2RhbGUgZXJyb3JzIGxlYWRpbmcgdG8gZ29hbHMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4t_Q1V-sOM&pp=ygUUZ2lvcmdpIG1hbWFyZGFzaHZpbGk%3D

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

If they are choosing to spend that on Ramsdale instead, do you not think that is a calculated move on their part? We'll soon find out how much it affects the other business we do. Time will surely tell.

Seems you are happy to continue with the likes of Dubravka if we can't spend upwards of £30 million on a goalie. I disagree with this completely.

IF they go for him then obviously there will have been calculations made, but it doesn’t mean that we sort out most of our more important (imo) priorities. They might think it’s worth  getting him in for 15m at the cost of other areas. It doesn’t mean that I agree with it. 

of course I am super very happy and excited to continue with Dubravka, that’s exactly what I’ve been saying…. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

IF they go for him then obviously there will have been calculations made, but it doesn’t mean that we sort out most of our more important (imo) priorities. They might think it’s worth  getting him in for 15m at the cost of other areas. It doesn’t mean that I agree with it. 

of course I am super very happy and excited to continue with Dubravka, that’s exactly what I’ve been saying…. :lol: 

So you believe the £15 million comes at the cost of other areas, even though, we don't know that for sure yet, but fine. I'll accept that.

And so spending upwards of £30 million on the Georgian or whoever else, will surely further hamper our business in other areas then.

Otherwise, the only other option is to stick with the likes of Dubravka, Karius, or whichever other journeyman makeshift backup that is cheap enough to not affect other business like you've claimed.

Is that not correct?

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So you believe the £15 million comes at the cost of other areas, even though, we don't know that for sure yet, but fine. I'll accept that.

And so spending upwards of £30 million on the Georgian or whoever else, will surely further hamper our business in other areas then.

Otherwise, the only other option is to stick with the likes of Dubravka, Karius, or whichever other journeyman makeshift backup that is cheap enough to not affect other business like you've claimed.

Is that not correct?

Yes the 30m will affect other areas too, and obviously more so. But then we at least actually improve our starting eleven at the same time for “only” 15m extra and lower wages. 

What I think we should do:

1. Go with Pope for next season and use that 15m extra to get our primary targets for other areas.It doesn’t mean that Dubravka/Karius will be backup anymore. Both likely to leave. Get a decent keeper on loan. 

2. Go for an upgrade that improves us now in the short term as well as being likely to be a top top keeper for the next 10+ years. 

I genuinely don’t think we will sign Ramsdale, at least that’s what I hope. Not saying that he’s an awful player or anything. Just not the route I wish us to go. I also don’t think the price will be as low as 15m. Hypothetically speaking. 

Edited by Ikon

16 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Yes the 30m will affect other areas too, and obviously more so. But then we at least actually improve our starting eleven at the same time for “only” 15m extra and lower wages. 

What I think we should do:

1. Go with Pope for next season and use that 15m extra to get our primary targets for other areas.It doesn’t mean that Dubravka/Karius will be backup anymore. Both likely to leave. Get a decent keeper on loan. 

2. Go for an upgrade that improves us now in the short term as well as being likely to be a top top keeper for the next 10+ years. 

I genuinely don’t think we will sign Ramsdale, at least that’s what I hope. Not saying that he’s an awful player or anything. Just not the route I wish us to go. I also don’t think the price will be as low as 15m. Hypothetically speaking. 

Ah, okay. Was just trying to understand what you thought we should do instead.

Going to be an interesting summer. Let's see how it plays out.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

"Super very happy AND excited to continue with Dubravka"

Give me strength.  The bloke is shot to bits and a total liability.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

"Super very happy AND excited to continue with Dubravka"

Give me strength.  The bloke is shot to bits and a total liability.

Just noticed your posts above and now realise you were joking.

I don’t think Ramsdale is on another level to Pope so I’d find it a bit odd. Clubs periodically try having two number 1’s compete and it rarely works (Barca managed it for a few years IIRC?)

Pretty much every club finds you need a number 1 and a keeper who is happy to be second choice and gets cup games etc. 

If Ramsdale joined either he or Pope would be asking to leave inside 12 months, Pope possibly this summer if told he’s not first choice, same as happened with Dubravka. Number 1 keepers want to play every week or to leave - is Ramsdale on the next level that he would replace Pope, with another backup joining? Am not sure 

Pope starter Trafford back up should be what we go with. Burnley paid 12 million for him they're going down hoy 15 million at him to be the future keeper in a few years. He's 21 so a great age as backup. 

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

Pope starter Trafford back up should be what we go with. Burnley paid 12 million for him they're going down hoy 15 million at him to be the future keeper in a few years. He's 21 so a great age as backup. 

Trafford looked terrible all season. Didn’t he lose his starting place about halfway through?  If we‘re signing another keeper from Burnley, it should be Muric. 

30 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Trafford looked terrible all season. Didn’t he lose his starting place about halfway through?  If we‘re signing another keeper from Burnley, it should be Muric. 

Been good noises about Barnsley or Bolton's keeper that's just broke into the under 21 squad, daft name I think. Rather that route than ramsdale/Trafford who haven't convinced at all. That's assuming we don't go for a noticeable upgrade on pope obviously 

Trafford needs some good seasons first, we can’t be the side that he learns on the job. Bazunu was rated as highly, had equally poor season in prem, then equally poor one in Championship. 

Got to be an aburdly exceptionally goalkeeper to be great at 21, otherwise it’s seasons making daft mistakes as you improve, and there’s no guarantee you do. 

Ramsdale at £15m on 5 year deal would make a lot of sense. Basically gives us a goalkeeper that’s still good, but 2 years down the line, if there’s an exceptional available, Ramsdale isn’t an expensive back up. 

18 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Trafford needs some good seasons first, we can’t be the side that he learns on the job. Bazunu was rated as highly, had equally poor season in prem, then equally poor one in Championship. 

Got to be an aburdly exceptionally goalkeeper to be great at 21, otherwise it’s seasons making daft mistakes as you improve, and there’s no guarantee you do. 

Ramsdale at £15m on 5 year deal would make a lot of sense. Basically gives us a goalkeeper that’s still good, but 2 years down the line, if there’s an exceptional available, Ramsdale isn’t an expensive back up. 

He would be if he was on £100k/week

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Current 3 U21s keepers:

IMG_5659.thumb.jpeg.75eb94b05e730ce1d4610035c2cef23d.jpeg

Sam Tickle is such a great name, should get him. And if his arms are like his fathers, Mr Tickle, he’ll be a great keeper.

I’m probably completely wrong here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we waited until after Bruno’s clause expires to do any deals or even finalise our plans.