NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

No comments lads. 

I hope you all have a great day and hopefully there will be some good transfer news soon for Young Eddie. 

im sure the club will come through for him. 

see ya later 

Think you should throw your hat in the ring for the England job Pards.

We're all behind you on that :thup:

18 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Interesting we haven't threw any rumours / smokescreens ourselves, if we are working hard on our main targets in silence 

Don't need smokescreens if lips are sealed.

Agents can keep their gobs shut where the larger clubs are concerned as they want to build relationships and trust goes a long way in that.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Shearergol’s post has me imagining a world where we’re signing either Raphinha/Bowen/Sane. The most marquee of marquee RW signings that are -arguably- borderline realistic.

I thought it would be someone out of left field like Kvaratshelia as we know he's been linked before

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They allegedly want a couple in by the time we fly to Japan, which is a week on Sunday. You'd imagine the wait for news won't go on too much longer.

Since Howes been there we've repeatedly said we want our business done early. Rarely works out.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Shearergol’s post has me imagining a world where we’re signing either Raphinha/Bowen/Sane. The most marquee of marquee RW signings that are -arguably- borderline realistic.

Sane would be a poor signing.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Sane would be a poor signing.

See where you’re coming from but I disagree. Everyone’s been saying it for years but if he could finish seasons the same way he starts them, he’d be considered world-class and out of our league. There’s games where he looks like a 100m player and others where you could sub him off for Jacob Murphy and the team would improve. If, and it’s a fairly big if, he can find even a teeny bit more consistency he’d be sensational for us. 

Edited by McCormick

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

See where you’re coming from but I disagree. Everyone’s been saying it for years but if he could finish seasons the same way he starts them, he’d be out of our league. There’s games where he looks like a 100m player and others where you could sub him off for Jacob Murphy and the team would improve. If, and it’s a fairly big if, he can find even a teeny bit more consistency he’d be sensational for us. 

I agree.

Sane would look much better in a team like ours that plays more direct football that gets him in space more often.

Tends to struggle at times playing more precise, technical football with the kind of players that have been around him at the likes of Man City and Bayern.

At Newcastle it will also be less pressure and he'd be more appreciated as a top player than he has been at Bayern at Man City. Could see him do very well.

His contract is up in 2025, which could mean the fee isn't crazy, which is good. However the wages he is on at Bayern will make your eyes bleed!

Very likely a bid comes in from Saudi and he ends up going there.

Fear I'd have with Sane, is getting him at wrong time. Never really hard injuries at Bayern, but end of season, couple of groin niggles, off it in Euros and now having minor surgery. Like, it's something that you could see being a recurring issue.

The majority of the twitter ITK's are bullshitters and it is so sad to see how much effort they put into it. 

However, it can't be denied that Pizza Rob at the very least had some inside information from within the club. He called Minteh before anyone even knew he existed and got Livramento about a month before any journalist called it alongside some other bits and pieces. 

13 hours ago, 80 said:

We should set up an NO twitter account just to fuck these guys off. Just be a reliable place for highlighting their thefts, errors and blatant lies.

He’s just posted this:

In Joelinton’s interview on the official website he says he’s excited for Bruno to return next week ahead of going to Japan, so he’s clearly just nicked that off there.

Every manager always wants signings in early, unfortunately with a lot of window left to go agents aren't in hurry unless their player really wants a pre season with new team. Has a manager ever said 'I'd like them all on deadline day and no sooner' lol

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I have a feeling it will be Rafinha. He knows Bruno and big Joe. Fits the right wing role perfectly.

He's the one that makes the most sense for a multitude of reasons, if we go big in that position.

17 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Lee Kang-In would fit in terms of commercial overseas type, he'll be like the new Son Heung-Min, however, he's not featured much for PSG, but wouldn't that be set to change with the departure of Mbappe, or is Barcola taking up that role?

Think he'd be my preferred option now that Nico is unrealistic

28 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Lee Kang-In would fit in terms of commercial overseas type, he'll be like the new Son Heung-Min, however, he's not featured much for PSG, but wouldn't that be set to change with the departure of Mbappe, or is Barcola taking up that role?

He does look very good 

20 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I have it on good authority that our right wing target would be considered a marquee signing. 

I have a small follow up piece of information to this (sadly no name though). Apparently Howe has vetoed the sale of Miggy and wants the club to offer him a new contract instead. He wants the "new" RW to compete with Almiron rather than replace him ???

Is it madness? If there is the PSR headroom and we aren’t getting big offers for him, why chase him? 

A new contract though, that’s the bit that would be mad. Edit - unless it’s on significantly reduced salary and short term

Edited by AJ9