NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Based on what exactly?

Based on him being him. It has to be perfect in so many ways. He’s into the very very small details when it comes to what he want in a player, both attributes as well as character. I can imagine him making a “small pool of players” even smaller than most other managers would. I’d be surprised if he isn’t more picky than most. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s also a very good thing and important to a quite a degree. Nothing here for you to defend IF that was your thinking. I’m pretty convinced he’s like I’ve said above and it also helps us I reckon. Can also imagine him being slightly stubborn at times regarding what he needs and wants.

13 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I can also imagine Eddie saying No, no, nope, not that one. Regarding options offered by Mitchell. Or however they collaborate. 

Without bothering to work it out, I would guess that 75% of our transfers have Premier League experience. I can’t think of any other team in the last 3 years that have had that much of a focus buying from these shores, with the premium that goes with it, as we are seeing with Guehi now.

On 12/08/2024 at 17:44, LFEE said:

Surprised we aren’t linked to the French market more. Aren’t all the clubs struggling this summer due to the smaller TV deal?

Maybe pick up Logan Costa on the cheap…

14 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Without bothering to work it out, I would guess that 75% of our transfers have Premier League experience. I can’t think of any other team in the last 3 years that have had that much of a focus buying from these shores, with the premium that goes with it, as we are seeing with Guehi now.

Our biggest transfers recently have been Botman, Isak, Bruno and Tonali.

All from Europe. No PL experience .

5 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Our biggest transfers recently have been Botman, Isak, Bruno and Tonali.

All from Europe. No PL experience .

Yes, they would be the other 25% who were better value due to not having the Premier League premium attached to them, which was my point.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

“Could” of course. But sadly they will, as long as he picks the right keeper. Chelsea are gonna be dark horses I reckon 

Not to mention Chelsea were laughed at all last season as a basket case club, but they put together a massive winning run which kicked us out of Europe. Unfortunately you just can't underestimate sheer quality in numbers.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Not to mention Chelsea were laughed at all last season as a basket case club, but they put together a massive winning run which kicked us out of Europe. Unfortunately you just can't underestimate sheer quality in numbers.

But they’ve sacked the manager who facilitated that and replaced him with someone with significantly less pedigree. Who plays in a totally different way. If they’d appointed a manager who played in a similar style to Pochetino there maybe more cause for concern. But Chelsea continued to do Boehley Chelsea things

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

But they’ve sacked the manager who facilitated that and replaced him with someone with significantly less pedigree. Who plays in a totally different way. If they’d appointed a manager who played in a similar style to Pochetino there maybe more cause for concern. But Chelsea continued to do Boehley Chelsea things

They were performing like clowns under Poch for half a season, then they turned it round. Like I said, I just look at the quality of their squad and think it's a mistake to assume they won't be a massive threat to our ambitions.

2 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Chelsea are a basket case and despite the spending on good players, will be an unknown quantity. They’ve looked ropey as hell under Maresca in pre-season and have lost the one member of their starting 11 that gave a fuck about the club.

Man Utd have spent big, but again non of their players are known quantities in the league, one is already injured and I don’t think anyone on here other than Froggy rates Ten Hag.

West Ham, again unknown quantity under Lopetegui. could be great, could be a car crash in the making. His brand of football wasn’t well thought of by Wolves fans in the end. Given how West Ham fans are still aggrieved after Moyes, things could turn toxic quickly there. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few high profile departures from them before the window closes too.

Villa, look to have done solid business but have also lost Douglas Luiz and (The apparent world beater according to some in here last summer) Diaby. I think they are better placed than we were last summer to deal with the dual challenge of CL and the League, but it’s not just us who have suffered a significant drop off after qualifying for the first time in a while. I expect them to be no different.

Honestly It hurts me that we probably can't get a top CB and top RW, I honestly feel if we add Guehi and a very good RW, we'd be better than these teams, mainly because of Howe, as some clubs like Chelsea have endless quality but haven't had a manager who can put it together etc

People need to chill.

It's quite staggering what I've been reading in this thread. Pressure on Eales, Mitchell gone soon, WE LOST MINTEH, Howe only wanting this and that etc. It's bullshit speculation without any merit or need. PSR, Euros and Mitchell coming in late made it a tough summer but I'm 100% certain we'll make 1-2 class signings before the window closes. We are in a much better shape now compared to most of last season in any case and Howe actually has a squad to pick his team from. 

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Pata said:

People need to chill.

It's quite staggering what I've been reading in this thread. Pressure on Eales, Mitchell gone soon, WE LOST MINTEH, Howe only wanting this and that etc. It's bullshit speculation without any merit or need. PSR, Euros and Mitchell coming in late made it a tough summer but I'm 100% certain we'll make 1-2 class signings before the window closes. We are in a much better shape now compared to most of last season in any case and Howe actually has a squad to pick his team from. 

It's been a shit window, not as shit as Jan, which cost us Europe, but if nothing happens then this will cost us our key players come 2025. Luckily, there is still time, and the club simply won't blink first, not matter what. It might be to its detriment further down the line but it's got pride, and a line which if you take the piss, it won't entertain you. Parish is sailing very fucking close to that, the interview may have pushed it over and for someone who obviously wants to sell (or bids would have been rejected outright, and not for sale sign come up) he could piss the player off and end the only realistic offer on the table. He's not as clever as he thinks he is, and dick waving in the media doesn't work with us. 

Tbf he had that last season as well. (Available players) Didn’t really work out though.

I think we all (including Howe) expected a couple more in by now to give us more depth by adding quality. Death, taxes and an injury ravaged NUFC are the most certain parts of life. 

This far it’s been a piss poor window, that might change in the next two weeks. 

I still think that we win the league this year even without any more signings.

I may change my opinion after the first shocking away performance that we all complain about and blame no new RW or RCB, but right now I’m quietly confident….