NUFC Transfer Rumours

28 minutes ago, KDT said:

Great to see everyone on the sell Gordon theme now. I do wonder if the current accessibility to everything instantly (video, music & even money) has made a whole generation of people turn into impatient idiots. 

I don’t think you need to wonder.

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’d even take a loan deal for an obscure foreign winger at this rate just so I don’t have to see Almiron cut inside and lose the ball 

The sad thing is there's even a technical, left footed, right winger sat there on a free that would be a decent addition. Yusuf Yazici, who was at Lille, played with Botman and has been linked with us previously. He's only 27 still.

However, won't be seen as being one that is in the small pool of impact players and so will get overlooked.

No fee. Low wages, and could likely flip him to a team in Turkey in a year or two if it doesn't pan out, but we don't seem to be looking at such options.

Benfica defender Morato is also poised to move to the City Ground in a deal worth around 15m euros (£12.6m). 

The 23-year-old Brazilian has made 78 appearances for Benfica, with Forest currently working on the deal.

Can't tel me that's not worth a punt?

28 minutes ago, vexred said:

If Guehi deal is off then Chalobah on loan with a sensible option or obligation would be ideal if we could get that done. 

Honestly, I'd just sign him permanently at this point. £25m for a versatile, PL-ready CB at a good age is a bit of a no-brainer for me. 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

thought windows like this were a thing of the past 

What bidding multiple times and potentially breaking your transfer record for it to be unfortunately rejected?

Sometimes it feels inevitable that we end up with a closed-environment super-club league off on their own. It shouldn’t be that way, and it doesn’t have to, but it feels like they get coddled so much that everyone else is penalized into also-ran status. 

47 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Benfica defender Morato is also poised to move to the City Ground in a deal worth around 15m euros (£12.6m). 

The 23-year-old Brazilian has made 78 appearances for Benfica, with Forest currently working on the deal.

Can't tel me that's not worth a punt?

No, not good enough per Mitchell / Howe / whoever

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

We do have the issue of PSR which accounts for one of those windows.  The reality of what we can and can’t do has hit.  It’s worth remembering we have spent over £300 million + which took us to the edge of a points deduction this season.   All areas of the club still need improving, commercially still loads of work to do plus we are still rubbish at selling, the improvements in the academy should help.

I think we are seeing signs the club are trying to address these issues.  Mind it has been a really poor window but I still think  you can take a balanced view of where we are as a club whilst also saying this window isn’t good. 

I just find articles / tweets like this hysterical and lacking detail, it’s all just to get clicks I suppose. Time for this window to close and concentrate on the football

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Trust the process which is now a 13 year one according to the gaffa :thup:

I know it's not intended that way, but posts like this feel like a kid screaming because they want a new shiny toy, and they want it now. :lol:  

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

I know it's not intended that way, but posts like this feel like a kid screaming because they want a new shiny toy, and they want it now. :lol:  

Fair play, I think I’ve been posting long enough for you to know that isnt the point :thup: 

In terms of PSR, if we sign no one else does it mean that we are in any stronger position with the three year rolling window in January? Or do we need to wait until 1st July next year to be back in the 💴 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

In terms of PSR, if we sign no one else does it mean that we are in any stronger position with the three year rolling window in January? Or do we need to wait until 1st July next year to be back in the 💴 

This year runs from 1-7 -31/6 so it all depends on what happens between now and then. 

As silly as it sounds, it’s a line we have to be continually pushing in all forms because we are far behind in all aspects compared to the lot we are trying to chase. 

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

How this lot fail to appreciate how much Eddie Howe has contributed to them having a job is the most jarring aspect of it. Lacking in any measure of morals or responsibility.

Don't think those are unreasonable questions. As hard as it is to accept, to rules that are essentially designed to stifle growing clubs will likely leave us on the fringes of Europa League season after season, not Champions League. Maybe the owners heave realised that too - thus infrastructure (ground, training) spending has been suspended.

Edited by Turnbull2000