NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We're boxing off the Tonali deal and won't want much going on the books until next week. It wasn't a particularly bold prediction on his behalf.

Fwiw, that Kieran Maguire bloke basis waiting till July makes no difference to ffp.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I want to know how it's complicated Fabrizio. 

Usually those release clauses have to be paid all at once I believe, which is not ideal at all.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair, got a link? Not doubting it, just interested in reading what he's said.

Athletic saying the opposite:

Friday is the last opportunity for some clubs to enhance their accounts for the 2022-23 season through player sales and, in this era of financial fair play (FFP), it is a point of increasing relevance across European football.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Athletic saying the opposite:

I don't get it - the costs are amortised across the whole contract, most likely monthly, so not sure that makes any sense FFP wise.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Usually those release clauses have to be paid all at once I believe, which is not ideal at all.

It's not ideal unless you have a cash flow problem. Do release clause payments not get rolled into the total transfer fee for FFP?

5 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

I don't get it - the costs are amortised across the whole contract, most likely monthly, so not sure that makes any sense FFP wise.

But does cash in not have an impact regardless? (It’s all based on allowable losses or percentage of wages/transfer expenditure to turnover now innit?)

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

It's not ideal unless you have a cash flow problem. Do release clause payments not get rolled into the total transfer fee for FFP?

Don't think it's and FFP issue per se. Just don't think we'd want to pay that £60 million all upfront if we can avoid it. 

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Raphinha please

If they need money and are convinced Guler is going to be a star, could be a handy way to make 50m profit flogging Raphinha to us and getting Guler?

Man, Raphinha would be a dream signing. Think he's the only RW target I've seen mentioned that ticks every single box.

Sup? I turn on (unusually) SSN and there’s all these teams buying in players. We might have the richest owners in the world but are we playing under different rules to everyone else?

i am hoping that the boys in the backroom(Hurry up in there!) are playing cards very close to their chest and we’ll get some surprises. 

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

But does cash in not have an impact regardless? (It’s all based on allowable losses or percentage of wages/transfer expenditure to turnover now innit?)

I don't profess to be an expert by any means but I've always understood it to be on income statement profit/loss only. Though I've only ever had a skim so there may be a cash element as well!

There is a 70% (I think) restriction of wages to turnover as well now, but that'll be income statement items

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

If they need money and are convinced Guler is going to be a star, could be a handy way to make 50m profit flogging Raphinha to us and getting Guler?

Man, Raphinha would be a dream signing. Think he's the only RW target I've seen mentioned that ticks every single box.

Except the salary box. 

10 minutes ago, Haz said:

Sup? I turn on (unusually) SSN and there’s all these teams buying in players. We might have the richest owners in the world but are we playing under different rules to everyone else?

Our income/turnover relative to other teams is pathetic. Likewise, our wages to that turnover in terms of percentage is fantastically high, (again, also relative to other teams). We need to massively increase our income whilst massively reducing our wages. The purchase of expensive and high salaried players is much more difficult for us than it is for our competitors. We simply can’t go and splash the money, either in transfer fees or wages to the extent that other teams can. 

31 minutes ago, McDog said:

With a very rudimentary understanding or accounting practices (and nothing specific re player costs) I'd say that cash flow is irrelevant for us (we have cash, we are just not allowed to spend it). It's more what the P&L account looks like when it is broken down to operational costs only. So I tend to agree when you amortise a player cost over a contract, it shouldn't really make a difference whether you sign in June or July. But there might be a detailed rule where you can spread the player cost over 5 years, but you may need to stick the agent cost as a one off in the current year. No idea really, but if we are delaying to 1 July, it may have something to do with that. Logically you have the benefit of a player for 5 years so you can spread it out. The agent does his job and is done at the point of transfer, so you may have to recognise that in the accounts in the current year.

I love the fact that the transfer thread involves a debate on generally accepted accounting principles. Look how far we have come!

I like Szoboszlai, he to ticks a lot of boxes. He's a big lad, grafts, and can play in multiple positions where we need to add a bit more quality.

The problem is we saw Maddison as a luxury addition, we probably see Szoboszlai as one too.

I also wouldn't be in a mad rush to buy him at the prices quoted given the league and the club he plays for. 

The good news is that he doesn't get into Liverpool front three, so unless they see him as a CM, I can't see them pulling the trigger either.