NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In what respect? Anderson is basically a right sided Botman.

Mostly in terms of age tbh, I think we could get someone with a higher ceiling for the long-term. Andersen almost feels like a pure rotational option to me.

Not to say he would be a bad signing, though. 

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

Mostly in terms of age tbh, I think we could get someone with a higher ceiling for the long-term. Andersen almost feels like a pure rotational option to me.

Not to say he would be a bad signing, though. 

Fair enough, I thought we'd target a bit more of an athletic profile, but Anderson is a really smart defender and deals with pace better than Schar.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Miggy's main weakness is his shooting, but he does still get goals. It will cost quite a lot to replace him, and given his other qualities re pressing, work rate, defensive willingness, I can understand why it's not the priority right now.

We could have had Diaby remember, but while he's far better going forward, he's supposed to be a liability going the other way. I think he'll suit Villa far better than he ever would have us.

His main weakness is that he’s just not that good at football. 

Just now, GEFAFWISP said:

Needs more baller I guess.

He does.  Not only is he extremely one footed, it’s like he can only control or strike a ball from certain limited body shapes. He often has to run around the ball to control it.  He doesn’t strike the ball well a lot of the times.  Passing by a predictable. He’s got lots of good things to his game and his pressing sets the standard. But we need another option imo

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

In what respect? Anderson is basically a right sided Botman.

Nah, he's a midfielder. :bluestar:

Sorry, have been confused so many times this summer when I see Anderson's name mentioned in weird contexts before realising they are talking about Andersen.

Edited by Pata

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

We don't really play a traditional 4 at the back anyway. Our l ft back last season was more of a left sided CB and that's not because Burn is more of a CB. That was Eddie's system.  Targett was great the season before anyway. He's more than decent enough.

I think we can do better than Burn in that role. Arsenal and City play similarly but their defenders are better (obviously). 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why are you being needlessly pedantic?

Im sure you understand the point that I’m making. 

Why are you being needlessly pessimistic about our players, when they have proven themselves in getting us Champions League football?

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why are you being needlessly pedantic?

Im sure you understand the point that I’m making. 

The point you are making is flawed though. There’s more to being a good footballer than those characteristics you mention needed which Miggy has. Maybe not easy on the eye but has end product with what we ask him to do.

To say he’s no good at football is a bit silly.

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

RCB - Next few weeks 

Loan - last minute 

left back 

prediction 

Apparently so…🙂

Edited by LFEE

Chiesa as a statement signing loan to buy after the CB/LB. 

Think we will definitely get one more but 2 or 3 is probably unlikely unless we shift pretty much everyone we want to shift and the market is friendly to us. Fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The point you are making is flawed though. There’s more to being a good footballer than those characteristics you mention needed which Miggy has. Maybe not easy on the eye but has end product with what we ask him to do.

To say he’s no good at football is a bit silly.

He’s a good footballer. But is he good enough to be a consistent starter for a top 6 club? Is Murphy? Is Gordon?

Mahrez. Foden. Saka.  Salah. 

He’s a good few levels below. 

21 minutes ago, 54 said:

Why are you being needlessly pessimistic about our players, when they have proven themselves in getting us Champions League football?

I’m not being pessimistic. Almiron deserves to be here and play in the CL. But the squad is missing quality in that area of the pitch.