NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I enjoyed it 🤷‍♂️

The point about everyone in the league and media underestimating us again I agreed with and the Bruce-Keith Downie anecdote which was funny aside, it was pretty much all opinions and stuff we already knew.

20 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

There was fuck all in regards to transfers from tonight besides what Downie "thinks might" happen; could spend £35m-£40m on a LB, could also look for a loan with an obligation to buy in that position. Then it turned into how great a bloke they all thought Dan Burn was.

Glad I didn't pay myself for it, put it that way.

The Dan Burn being a great bloke crack all led by Caulkin, no doubt about it in my mind. 

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The point about everyone in the league and media underestimating us again I agreed with and the Bruce-Keith Downie anecdote which was funny aside, it was pretty much all opinions and stuff we already knew.

Still interesting though. To be honest, I just enjoy listening to people talk about NUFC, so I’m easily pleased.

I think it also highlighted, quite effectively, that “in person” public opinion is much much different to the opinions of internet forums / Twitter.

The love for Dan Burn was rich and fully deserved in my opinion, and I was happy to hear that most seemed to agree.

Wasn't explicitly stated tonight but Spurs being the club that didn't shake NUFC's directors' hands and have sent the most messages lobbying against the takeover et al was more or less confirmed or reiterated as well. That Kane's fucking off today as well after hearing that is just *chef's kiss*.

46 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wasn't explicitly stated tonight but Spurs being the club that didn't shake NUFC's directors' hands and have sent the most messages lobbying against the takeover et al was more or less confirmed or reiterated as well. That Kane's fucking off today as well after hearing that is just *chef's kiss*.

Levy is well known to be the conduit for the smaller clubs and big clubs to get his own way as The Athletic have reported even though he wanted them all to die as a result of the ESL as he’s the ultimate snide little cunt. 

Made even darker as he was the first to run to the govt for a BOE covid related loan but that was fine because *reasons*.

47 minutes ago, Disco said:

Levy is well known to be the conduit for the smaller clubs and big clubs to get his own way as The Athletic have reported even though he wanted them all to die as a result of the ESL as he’s the ultimate snide little cunt. 

Made even darker as he was the first to run to the govt for a BOE covid related loan but that was fine because *reasons*.

The 600m Govt bailout is literally state sponsored and they have the nerve. It must be absolutely grim having to listen to these hypocrites drone on at EPL meetings. 

13 hours ago, gbandit said:

Chelsea locking up some FFP gunge there, think at this point in time I hate them more than Liverpool. Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool always vie for my most hated team

It always was and always has been Chelsea for me - they’ve hoovered up and locked down talent as long back as I can remember and I hate them for it.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Would be in our price bracket too. As with all players it’ll depend on whether they think he’ll fit in well as one of the squad, personal attributes are equally important factors in the recruitment now.

24 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Would be in our price bracket too. As with all players it’ll depend on whether they think he’ll fit in well as one of the squad, personal attributes are equally important factors in the recruitment now.

Aye so professionally ran, not to mention wages, it's exactly how I want my club to be run