NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I think signing Tierney would be a great addition. Him working with Eddie would just bring him to a totally new level and a good bit closer to home for him too. Anytime I’ve watched him for arsenal he’s been very, very good and even better for Scotland. Just watch what he done against Spain to set up mctominay. He can also operate as a LCB if need be especially in a back 3 if we need to switch things up.

Just now, ToonScotman said:

I think signing Tierney would be a great addition. Him working with Eddie would just bring him to a totally new level and a good bit closer to home for him too. Anytime I’ve watched him for arsenal he’s been very, very good and even better for Scotland. Just watch what he done against Spain to set up mctominay. He can also operate as a LCB if need be especially in a back 3 if we need to switch things up.

I agree with you. I think Eddie and the supportive environment at Newcastle would restore him to his best form. And at his best, he's very, very good.

This is the signing that I most want now. Somehow it completes the picture. But Arsenal would far rather flog him to someone else.

As much as I dislike Chelsea, it would be incredibly amusing (and smart) to swoop in for Hall now while the FFP spotlight is on them while leaving Liverpool crying in the corner about how unfair everything is. 

I think our priority is probably a RCB* but that we accept we probably can't afford any of the ones we really want, so we'll look for a more available LB on a loan with option/obligation.

*on the basis that the drop off between the first choice (Schar) and the backup (Lascelles, Krafth) is greater than any other position

39 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I think our priority is probably a RCB* but that we accept we probably can't afford any of the ones we really want, so we'll look for a more available LB on a loan with option/obligation.

*on the basis that the drop off between the first choice (Schar) and the backup (Lascelles, Krafth) is greater than any other position

We might end up with both if we can get Tierney on loan with option/obligation to buy 

Might leave enough wriggle/wiggle 🤣room for similar RCB loan / obligation option 

Edited by JonBez comesock

Just now, BlazeT44 said:

I just refuse to click mail links :lol:

btw according to the transfer tracker Simon jones was actually the first to break some of our transfers so this might be real. 

@r0cafella

nothing much in the way of content

Newcastle United are keen to sign Chelsea left-back Lewis Hall ahead of competition from Crystal Palace.

Hall had been expected to sign a six year contract with Chelsea before going out on loan to Palace but Newcastle are open to buying the 18-year-old. 

Chelsea's Marc Cucurella and Arsenal's Kieran Tierney, who is wanted by Real Sociedad, have also been considered.

Hall has made 17 first team appearances for Chelsea since making his first team breakthrough during the 2021-22 season

He was named Chelsea’s academy player of the year for last season.

However, his game time looked set to be limited at Stamford Bridge this season, with Mauricio Pochettino having Ben Chilwell, Cucurella and Ian Maatsen at left back.

He is also capable of playing in midfield, and his versatility could be a major asset for the Eagles this season

The 18-year-old has represented England from under-15 to under-21 level.

Edited by BlazeT44

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fucking get rid of Fraser. That’ll help towards it surely. 

That’s the difficulty though. Who wants him for the wages he’s on, and why would he leave for less given there’s two years (I think?) left to go? 

37 minutes ago, Manxst said:

That’s the difficulty though. Who wants him for the wages he’s on, and why would he leave for less given there’s two years (I think?) left to go? 

He probably wants a contract somewhere after this one ends, going to be hard to get it being stuck here without any playtime.