NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Four players on our wanted list, problem is none of the deals look that likely. Tierney was probably the most doable, but with the injury to Timber looks like Arsenal will likely pull the plug on that as well unless they really do think he's a permacrock.

5 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Rule of thumb is nobody knows nowt... And when we do buy someone it's a surprise.

So I'm not getting wrapped up on targets to replace targett just yet.

:lol: why does this keep being repeated? Besides maybe Isak, literally every signing came with zero surprises whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

:lol: why does this keep being repeated? Besides maybe Isak, literally every signing came with zero surprises whatsoever.

Particularly this window in which every signing has dragged on for weeks 😂

1 hour ago, kingxlnc said:

I do like Tierney the most - Arsenal fans who are notoriously critical seem to rate him very highly and disagree with Arteta for freezing him out

He would fit in well, right age, leadership, versatile etc. CL experience too I believe. 

I wasn’t big on Tierney. But Arsenal fans eating him highly has changed my perspective. 

"I know everything, I'm always right. I'm getting bored of trying to explain the truth to you stupid plebs. Urgh"

The vibes given off by certain posters are really fucking special like [emoji38]

Edited by Sean

Personally I would prefer Hall. Even if he needs a bit of time before he’s fully ready. someone as good as him can be a core member of our team for the next decade. Eddie can develop him as he sees fit plus the fact he is a Newcastle fan is a big bonus imo.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tonali too to a degree. Not weeks of ‘links’ just the big story. Took weeks to finalise but the story came out the blue. 

Every transfer saga first starts out as a rumour that comes out of the blue like :lol:

14 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Every transfer saga first starts out as a rumour that comes out of the blue like :lol:

Nah it wasn’t the usual rumour. It was straight ‘close to signing Tonali’ - deal agreed in principle with all parties.  It took awhile to confirm but the rumours started at 80% completion of the transfer. You can tell both sides didn’t want it to come out until it was all but certain to happen. 

Barnes and Livra there were numerous bids. Weeks between them. Sounds like we heard about it about 50% through completion. I think we were linked to both before we heard about any bids so actually a much lower %. 

18 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Personally I would prefer Hall. Even if he needs a bit of time before he’s fully ready. someone as good as him can be a core member of our team for the next decade. Eddie can develop him as he sees fit plus the fact he is a Newcastle fan is a big bonus imo.

Have people seen much of Hall?

i saw him a few times for Chelsea last season. Didn’t stand out.  Looked decent. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Have people seen much of Hall?

i saw him a few times for Chelsea last season. Didn’t stand out.  Looked decent. 

Looked 'decent' in an absolute shit show of a team with an absolute shit show of a manager.

With this coaching team and playing with these players, he'd be a brilliant signing for us.

4 minutes ago, ads said:

Looked 'decent' in an absolute shit show of a team with an absolute shit show of a manager.

With this coaching team and playing with these players, he'd be a brilliant signing for us.

But have you seen much of him to be confident in that?

Lots of people seem super hot on him and I’m struggling to understand why.  

I was a bit Livra fan.  And a big Joao Pedro fan.  But I’ve seen them ball out. 

Hall would still be a bit of a risk, just a young lad who’s fairly untested at this level. With the greatest of respect to Burn and Targett, it’s also not like he has a world-class mentor to learn from like Livramento with Trippier either.

I don’t think Cucurella will be convinced to leave Chelsea this window.

45 minutes ago, Sean said:

"I know everything, I'm always right. I'm getting bored of trying to explain the truth to you stupid plebs. Urgh"

The vibes given off by certain posters are really fucking special like [emoji38]

Howay, names please

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

35 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Hall would still be a bit of a risk, just a young lad who’s fairly untested at this level. With the greatest of respect to Burn and Targett, it’s also not like he has a world-class mentor to learn from like Livramento with Trippier either.

I don’t think Cucurella will be convinced to leave Chelsea this window.

He's just on the other side of the pitch and using his other foot but it's the same position, it's not like Trippier couldn't help him too. :lol:

1 hour ago, Sean said:

:lol: is this aimed at me??