NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If we are still looking for an up and coming CB that won't fill a squad place we might jump on reported long term interest for Edwards:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ronnie-edwards/profil/spieler/732165

Pretty highly rated England U19/U20 CB, played every minute of the u20 World Cup for England. Ashworth known to be an admirer going back a year or so. Lots of over PL also interested including Palace who have had several bids turned down. Lots of noise from the Peteborough high brass talking up clubs like us, Arsenal and Chelsea but likely just trying to smoke out bigger bids from Palace, West Ham or Rangers. 

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

If we are still looking for an up and coming CB that won't fill a squad place we might jump on reported long term interest for Edwards:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ronnie-edwards/profil/spieler/732165

Pretty highly rated England U19/U20 CB, played every minute of the u20 World Cup for England. Ashworth known to be an admirer going back a year or so. Lots of over PL also interested including Palace who have had several bids turned down. Lots of noise from the Peteborough high brass talking up clubs like us, Arsenal and Chelsea but likely just trying to smoke out bigger bids from Palace, West Ham or Rangers. 

Mentioned him a few times before be a great addition.

If we're still looking for a bit of depth at right wing, there is a certain french mercurial winger with history at the club who's currently without a club

Spoiler

disclaimer: I may have just rewatched "The streets won't forget Ben Arfa at Newcastle" for the 16th time

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

If we're still looking for a bit of depth at right wing, there is a certain french mercurial winger with history at the club who's currently without a club

Reveal hidden contents

disclaimer: I may have just rewatched "The streets won't forget Ben Arfa at Newcastle" for the 16th time

That West Brom game… still get flashbacks of that to this day.

13 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Bring him home, dont care if he weighs 300pounds by now.

17 minutes ago, huss9 said:

anyone follow irish football?

are they getting a decent set of kids coming through

I would say there’s always been talent there but just never tapped into?

Most of our most talented young athletes end up playing hurling or GAA, is my theory.

Be great if we get a decent generation coming through, moreso if a few of them are at Newcastle too.

I'm always encouraging encouraging my Brazilian students to get out there and start shagging and having babies with Irish people, no sign of any results yet in terms of talented football prospects.

That said, they're not sending their best and fastest-footed. Went to the park for a kickabout a month or two ago and all the Brazilians were completely shite.

Was interesting in the final 2 episodes of the documentary, in one of their meetings showed a diagram of our squad highlighting "primary positions" and "secondary positions" to improve for this transfer window.

If I saw it right RB, RCB, LB, CM were the primary positions.

Striker was the only secondary position.

36 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Was interesting in the final 2 episodes of the documentary, in one of their meetings showed a diagram of our squad highlighting "primary positions" and "secondary positions" to improve for this transfer window.

RCB before the window slams shut! 

5 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Uncharacteristically amateurish of them to let that make it to air, mind. :lol:

As much as I love Big Joe and Willock, you wonder if our ultimate best midfield would be a mobile 6 who is press resistant with Sandro and Bruno as the 8s. Idk, say Manu Kone or Keph Thuram

Edited by Kanji

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

As much as I love Big Joe and Willock, you wonder if our ultimate best midfield would be a mobile 6 who is press resistant with Sandro and Bruno as the 8s. Idk, say Manu Kone or Keph Thuram

The very best teams have a top class DM. We don't have a single one in our squad. 

Edited by The Butcher

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Agreed.  I’d love to see Bruno pushed much further forward.  I think him playing DM is limiting to him and to the team.

Howe knows far better than me, of course.  But just my view.  

8 hours ago, oldtype said:

Uncharacteristically amateurish of them to let that make it to air, mind. :lol:

Must've been ep4 which wasn't supposed to air until deadline day, I think 😂😂😂

Also, tbf, it's hardly a spoiler with regards to letting other clubs/agents know what Newcastle United need, player wise. 

I mean anyone needing to know can just log on here 🤔