NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Feels like the rumours have sparked up again in the last couple of days. Still think we are done but one more (in any position, but ideally CB) would be close to the perfect window.

8.5/10 for now.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

A 10 is a perfect window right? It’s not perfect there’s glaring gaps in the squad. 

I’ve given it a 7 because it’s all good solid transfers that will benefit us in the long term. 

By that definition we'd need about 18 new high calibre players for a 10.

37 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This confirms my point. I’ve said 7 out of 10 and you’ve taken it to mean 2 out of 10. :laugh:

Going from 7 to 10 is a 43% increase, which you say is "a slight hint that things could be a little bit better" so I guess we're both way off the mark.

I wonder if the signing of Heffernan and the emergence of Murphy A means we're waiting a wee bit before splurging on a young-20s CB in case one of those can break through and make the grade by the time Schar is away?

6 hours ago, arnonel said:

Newcastle: hire the best dof and like 700 of the best scouts. Work with an awesome manager to sign top top players

Bob from forum: I'll give it a 7

:lol: KI gets credit for adapting it the other day, but it’s very much:

“Greatest window I’ve ever seen. 6/10.”

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It is mad we don't have a squad packed to the gills with Champions League pedigree *checks notes* a year and a half after the takeover went through with a squad sat in 19th place.

I remember approaching that first January window and deriding some of the PFMs on here clamouring for a total haul over of galacticos 😂

Fairly confident we'll be targeting a Tonali/Isak level signing at RW next summer and a top RCB. 

Obviously would have been great to have those in now but it's no fault of anyone at the club when we simply aren't allowed to spend the money. 

You have to look at the bigger picture and the limitations placed on us when judging a window. Think we've been really sensible with how we've gone about things and our squad has a lot more quality and depth than what we finished last season with. 

Rating a transfer window out of 10 is pretty weird behaviour in general, lads. Like, really, what would be the exact difference between a 7 and an 8. It's been a good window. About what I thought it would be after we qualified for the CL. Better than I thought it would be after the 'only 80-100m' stuff was flying. 

4 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

That's a completely different thing though - you're rating the squad there, not the transfer window in isolation.

I disagree. I am giving the transfer window a rating on the contribution it has made to the squad, that being the primary objective of actively participating in the transfer window. 

It would be a better transfer window, in my view, if we added another player or 2 in positions of use to the squad. It would have been worse had we added less to the squad or added inferior players to the squad. 

30 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Rating a transfer window out of 10 is pretty weird behaviour in general, lads. Like, really, what would be the exact difference between a 7 and an 8. It's been a good window. About what I thought it would be after we qualified for the CL. Better than I thought it would be after the 'only 80-100m' stuff was flying. 

This is the way I see it... the fact that we didn't get everything we need (impossible given ffp) doesn't take away from it being a good window.  Gained some quality depth and 2 big signings in Tonali and Barnes. 

Some people want everything and they want it now. 

Edited by Wilson