NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I wouldn’t be playing him as an out and out striker but his pace was fantastic and I think under Howe he’d be a completely different player. Excellent work rate too

Yep totally agree with this. Would love to see what Howe could do with him and I thought the raw ingredients were there during his time at Chelsea but they just played him in the wrong position so often he ultimately failed. Similar to us with Joelinton I guess. If it wasn't for Howe/the coaches (and a sprinkling of Ciaran Clark) he'd have probably been written off too.

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I wouldn’t be playing him as an out and out striker but his pace was fantastic and I think under Howe he’d be a completely different player. Excellent work rate too

He was linked before he went back to Germany, could cover the front 3 positions for us. Would be a no brainer for me on loan.

37 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Problem begins and ends with ‘£70m rated’. We haven’t got that to spend. Halve it and cleverness with FFP would work but you get the sense someone like Branthwaite from Everton as needy sellers to fund Bramley Dock would make more sense.

I read that as Bradley Dack

38 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Germsn players have excellent PR.

Lad has been bad for 3 years. Kicked out of Chelsea. Now Leipzeig want rid after 18 months.

He missed a ton of chances he shouldn’t have for Chelsea but his build-up play and wide forward play was very good for them in my opinion. He just wasn’t the solution for them in front of goal and likely wouldnt be for us either but I do think he’d add something to us on the wing and as an attacking midfielder. Not seen him once since he went back to Leipzig though 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's allegedly a long-standing target, no? Seemed done and dusted a while back, no idea why it hasn't gone through.

He is, but he turned down Villa also. Very difficult to prize clubs from Athletic. Also it’s rumoured Barca want him. 

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He missed a ton of chances he shouldn’t have for Chelsea but his build-up play and wide forward play was very good for them in my opinion. He just wasn’t the solution for them in front of goal and likely wouldnt be for us either but I do think he’d add something to us on the wing and as an attacking midfielder. Not seen him once since he went back to Leipzig though 

I agree with that. I liked him but he's not impressed in front of goal at RBL since he's gone back either.

I think we need a different profile of player - a playmaker.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He's allegedly a long-standing target, no? Seemed done and dusted a while back, no idea why it hasn't gone through.

Didn't Ashworth mention potentially bringing transfers forward in January (or am I imagining that)?

Next 2 Windows in no particular order -

Keeper

CB loads of options but would love a top tier one like Silva.

CF Sesko

DM Kone 

RW Nico Williams

Still think we need to find that clever player like Gundogan or Silva to break teams down, hard to find though but would be high up on the list alongside above if we could identify one.

1. RW/Versatile forward player. For me whoever this is needs to be elite and ready to go. Even as good as Gordon has been, I want someone with experience, pedigree and quality. I also want someone who doesn't need Trippier to hold their hand from RB.

2. CB. Find another Botman. Easier said than done. This would allow us to rotate between Schar, Botman and a new CB, with Lascelles there as a more than useful back up.

3. DM. I know some want a "proper DM" who goes around smashing opposition players up but not for me. We just need someone who can take the weight off Bruno and can offer us the option of moving Bruno forward. This is what we are missing in our CL games. I don't want us to lose anything with regards to our ball retention because we've signed a bruiser. Palhinha, Neves or Caqueret, if we want a younger option. In this scenario, we might have to think about giving both Miley and Anderson loan moves.

It's clearly loan moves this January (either from Saudi's clubs or elsewhere) rather than permanent moves

Newcastle doesn't have the financial capability to do permanent signing due to FFP

Unless there's some big move on sponsorship (stadium naming right) or bold move regarding FFP (or unregarding FFP) :ninja: