NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Some people have different opinions. Maybe they want a different type of player, or prefer to go for another option/route. I personally wouldn't mind Phillips. 

Everyone can not always agree with every signing. That signing might prove to be a great one (great, everybody wins) or the opposite (everybody lose).

Sometimes people get it right when they say he's the right one, sometimes they get it wrong. Writing someone off 100% entirely even if they don't like the 

signing is wrong though. If so, i'm sure everybody hopes to get proven wrong. No need to argue about it like kids when it happens, or being silly a year later.

9 hours ago, Izakaya said:

The Dildo Twins would have our eyes out over Bowen, they'd want at least $75m and it'd take an astronomical wage to get him out of London. Shame as he'd be perfect for us. 

Presuming David Sullivan would be canvassing David Gold’s opinion on the deal via a seance or Ouija board?

IMG_5306.jpeg.114c63e1e481cfdfaae16820fe61ae40.jpeg

Phillips would be class. In his position we'd struggle to capture a better player. I think his time at citeh wil have humbled him and made him determined. The only issue I have is we need signings elsewhere first, and when Tonali is back we'd be overloaded on central mids. Not a bad thing, but keeping them all happy will be difficult.

I don't understand the Phillips interest. He showed up overweight to City during what should be his prime years. He was unfit for nearly a whole year. That's incredible. Pep is saying all the right things because he wants money for him. If he was honest, he wouldn't get anything close to what was paid.

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Phillips would be class under Eddie, though as others have said I'm not sure he is the right type of player we need due to Bruno, not that they are the same type but they'll occupy the same spaces.

But they wouldn't. Bruno is desperate to play further upfield and Philips best position is as a CDM, so I think it would work perfectly. Philips would 100% need time to bed into the team though

25 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Phillips would be class. In his position we'd struggle to capture a better player. I think his time at citeh wil have humbled him and made him determined. The only issue I have is we need signings elsewhere first, and when Tonali is back we'd be overloaded on central mids. Not a bad thing, but keeping them all happy will be difficult.

We are overloaded in quantity but definitely not in quality. 

Edited by Ikon

I think based off of Isak and Wilson's injury record this season, a new striker who can play across the front line if needed, would be more essential than a midfielder. If we can afford both, great. 

Edited by alexf

Phillips feels like a West Ham player to me. I think he could come in and play some great stuff under Howe, I just don’t know if he’s the type of player Howe actually wants for this team. It’s hard to know exactly what how he’d ideally have us set up. We clearly looked at Diaby, Maddison, Szob a huge amount so we know that we wanted a RW and an AM. The only player who we were linked with a lot who has a similar profile to Phillips was Edson Alvarez right? Or am I forgetting some names?

29 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

I could actually see that we might’ve said with this they we didn’t want an obligation to buy. Or maybe we were never interested lol

Edited by ExiledGeordie

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

My issue with Phillips is if he can't even be arsed under Pep at Man City then why would he be any different if we bought him ?

Because here he'd have a cat in hell's chance of getting a game?

Not that I believe he 'can't be arsed'. It's not pub footy.

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

My issue with Phillips is if he can't even be arsed under Pep at Man City then why would he be any different if we bought him ?

He played under Bielsa for 2 years and the whole team were weighed weekly. He was a mainstay of that side.