NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Think Eddie Howe answered that when he said we don’t have many friends out there. Looks like clubs trying to bend us over a barrel for players, or are just not wanting to help us out in any way.

Honestly sounds a bit conspiracy theory to me. If a player is half decent of course they would want some return for it. Like I said though, look at the state of that bench. It's costing us game after game.

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

The Cole one came out of the blue - but the fans trusted Keegan. The Carroll transfer broke me, heard it on the news on my way to work and followed it online all day. 

It was a sickener, particularly as we all knew the money was just going to disappear into the aether and not be reinvested.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, TRon said:

Honestly sounds a bit conspiracy theory to me. If a player is half decent of course they would want some return for it. Like I said though, look at the state of that bench. It's costing us game after game.

I am sure they are trying though, that Howe comment backs that up I would say. Sounds like a bit of frustration. 

What was brutal about Carroll was the timing at the end of the window, on deadline day and how it went back and forth a few times. Went on my work break and he was “almost definitely staying” came back and he was in a helicopter 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Selling Carroll to Liverpool and Cole to Man U were the two worst transfers of my life in terms of how gutted I was

Truly vile. :lol: Only a few weeks after that piledriver he smacked in against them, n'all. Doubt there's anything that tops it really for me as I wasn't old enough for Cole. Bellamy, Given and HBA were all painful but each seemed grimly inevitable. I don't think I believed Carroll would go until he was literally holding the shirt. It did help that he was rubbish there. 

Aye, Id still be absolutely livid about it if he’d stayed fit and had a great career after us but I console myself with the idea that if he’d stayed we’d have had a crock and that would have possibly been more gutting

Just now, gbandit said:

Aye, Id still be absolutely livid about it if he’d stayed fit and had a great career after us but I console myself with the idea that if he’d stayed we’d have had a crock and that would have possibly been more gutting

Pardew effect notwithstanding, I think he'd have gone on to have a far better career had he stayed. He fit like a glove at NUFC whereas the Liverpool move never really made any sense; a true case of a transfer fee weighing down on a player. 

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pardew effect notwithstanding, I think he'd have gone on to have a far better career had he stayed. He fit like a glove at NUFC whereas the Liverpool move never really made any sense; a true case of a transfer fee weighing down on a player. 

He was always injured after he left so in hindsight it was a good deal for us, sorry, I mean Ashley.

27 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What was brutal about Carroll was the timing at the end of the window, on deadline day and how it went back and forth a few times. Went on my work break and he was “almost definitely staying” came back and he was in a helicopter 

Final kick in the teeth of that day was the club trying to prove they were going to reinvest the money by sending Wigan a last minute big for N'zogbia. 

Aye, you're definitely serious.. despite the fact you have just sent a lowball offer to the one chairman who absolutely hates us (Dave Whelan hated Mike Ashley) for a player who would likely turn down the move anyway because of how he was treated here the first time. Honestly, Whelan should have accepted just to fuck with Ashley.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Apparently 2 clubs have snubbed Amanda and the executives calling her to her face across the table, believed to be Liverpool, and Spurs. It’s at a stage where our clubs owners/directors have no direct contact to them unless they are calling those clubs out of proposals and other shit they throw.

If Liverpool are bidding for Bruno, then the likes of Barca, and Real Madrid are as well, and like fuck are we accepting Liverpools offer.

Right now, unless they decided they wanted to buy Dummett, we aren’t listening to their bids for our players.

wtf? really?

54 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

The Cole one came out of the blue - but the fans trusted Keegan. The Carroll transfer broke me, heard it on the news on my way to work and followed it online all day. 

To make things worse we were left with a 35 year old Shefqi Kuqi for the rest of the season.

Carroll I could handle going to the scouse scum because we all knew he wasn't worth anywhere near the money they paid, we all knew he'd have preferred to have stayed with us and it was a bonus when he showed he wasn't as determined to play as well for them as he had for us... and then there was the injuries. With Enrique is was a bit different, he held no liking for us, not the club or the fans, so when he went to them we all thought he was a wanker anyway. But with Bruno, if he went to Liverpuke, it'd be a kick in the teeth to us as fans, he'd have to know that as well and I kind of like to think he just wouldn't do it... at least I hope he wouldn't. If we have to sell him, then it needs to be to PSG or Barca, not another Prem team and especially not the fucking bin dippers. The question is, would it be worth selling him in the long run, to help avoid ffp problems and fund getting someone like Phillips perhaps, along with some reasonably backup in a defender and another striker? I just don't know, Bruno is a rare talent.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Aye, was reported a few months back, but rumoured before then as well.

Yeah, remember reading that, the arrogant fucks. To be honest, after the shit Klipperty spouts about us and how Levy deals with transfers, we shouldn't even answer their phone calls.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I remember the day so well :lol:

Certainly knew from this point - and the next few days in which Ashley and his wanker mates 'replaced' him with free agent Shefki fucking Kuqi that what I believed to be NUFC was well and truly done 

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Have you seen our bench for the last few months? Howe doesn't even want to use those players, how hard could it be to bring in someone from Europe who could replace one of the two keepers?

It’s not the way EH wants to manage the squad. He’s not one for wanting “bodies” for the sake of it. He doesn’t like quick fixes hence if we do a loan ideally he would want it for someone we were obligated to buy. It’s just bad timing for us none of our injuries made it for start of December or even early January. I feel he’s only after one player maximum this window and hoping injuries return February.

Fixture list will be bare unless we beat Fulham.

Edited by LFEE

17 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s not the way EH wants to manage the squad. He’s not one for wanting “bodies” for the sake of it. He doesn’t like quick fixes hence if we do a loan ideally he would want it for someone we were obligated to buy. It’s just bad timing for us none of our injuries made it for start of December or even early January. I feel he’s only after one player maximum this window and hoping injuries return February.

Fixture list will be bare unless we beat Fulham.

bodies are not for the sake of it - it is so we can field a legitimate subs bench and give a little bit of rest and competition to some seriously overworked players.

7 minutes ago, James said:

bodies are not for the sake of it - it is so we can field a legitimate subs bench and give a little bit of rest and competition to some seriously overworked players.

Yeah but we may only have a couple of games before everyone starts to return. You just don’t know. He’s not going to sign someone to play for a month. Just doesn’t seem that type. You’ll not get many players for £3.5m if that’s our budget.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Truly vile. :lol: Only a few weeks after that piledriver he smacked in against them, n'all. Doubt there's anything that tops it really for me as I wasn't old enough for Cole. Bellamy, Given and HBA were all painful but each seemed grimly inevitable. I don't think I believed Carroll would go until he was literally holding the shirt. It did help that he was rubbish there. 

Carroll was as near as it got, but nothing compares to the pain of when we sold Cole. I remember our teacher telling us and lads (including me) just openly crying at school :lol: It was horrible, my first of many football heartbreaks.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Remember the Cole thing well and still recall the anguish and disbelief, especially where he went. Didn't even think the fee we got was particularly great either. I remember people saying "at least we got 7.5m for him", I think that was the fee but I mean Blackburn bought Sutton from Norwich the year before for 5m. Not saying he wasn't a good striker, he was more than decent for the type of player he was, dovetailed well with Shearer, but comparing him to Cole, Cole was Gerd Muller in the penalty area in comparison.

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

Apparently 2 clubs have snubbed Amanda and the executives calling her to her face across the table, believed to be Liverpool, and Spurs. It’s at a stage where our clubs owners/directors have no direct contact to them unless they are calling those clubs out of proposals and other shit they throw.

If Liverpool are bidding for Bruno, then the likes of Barca, and Real Madrid are as well, and like fuck are we accepting Liverpools offer.

Right now, unless they decided they wanted to buy Dummett, we aren’t listening to their bids for our players.

I recall Amanda visited anfield twice for state backed takeovers and it wasn't the morality issues that made the deals collapse, it was their scepticism that Amanda was a fraud and couldn't broker such a deal, the spirit of shankly group apparently treat her like utter shit. 

She'll will be in the same mind set as us that they are a bunch of hypocritical cunts and would rather pick up the phone to rose west 

3 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

With Enrique is was a bit different, he held no liking for us, not the club or the fans, so when he went to them we all thought he was a wanker anyway. 

Speak for yourself :lol: He didn't have any problems with our fans, but the ambition of the club under Ashley. Best left back we've had in my life time. Was gutted when he went, but fully support his decision.

32 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Speak for yourself :lol: He didn't have any problems with our fans, but the ambition of the club under Ashley. Best left back we've had in my life time. Was gutted when he went, but fully support his decision.

Yeah that's not how I remember it at all. Think this impression has only come recently from the way he's tenuously associated himself much more with Liverpool than us. At the time I remember him as popular til he left, when he correctly had a pop at the ambitions of the club under Ashley.