NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If we don’t have any money and we wanted a cheap third choice striker we should have offered Southampton Ryan Fraser permanently in exchange for Che Adams, who is out of contract in the summer and would suite our style of play with his pressing and ability to drop deep to link up play.

We could even make money on him if we were to sell him in a year or so.

I know he’s not the quality we want going forward but as a short term third choice striker it would be better than moving Gordon out of position.

I think at this point we might as well just come to terms with playing the season out with what we've got. Hopefully Wilson and/or Gordon can see us through until Isak is fit. Yesterday was a big win, it was one of those I'd written off before some of the injured players started returning. If we can get Barnes and Willock back in the near future we should have enough to clinch a UEFA spot and still have a tilt at the FA Cup.

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If we don’t have any money and we wanted a cheap third choice striker we should have offered Southampton Ryan Fraser permanently in exchange for Che Adams, who is out of contract in the summer and would suite our style of play with his pressing and ability to drop deep to link up play.

We could even make money on him if we were to sell him in a year or so.

I know he’s not the quality we want going forward but as a short term third choice striker it would be better than moving Gordon out of position.

I’d imagine he’d want to be playing every game these next few months to secure his Euro spot. Doubt he’d risk a move.

Why are people suggesting we loan / buy complete shite? I’d rather go with what we have and bring in the right players in summer. I’m sure Howe and the board are thinking along the same lines. We only play once a week from now until end of season, shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Why are people suggesting we loan / buy complete shite? I’d rather go with what we have and bring in the right players in summer. I’m sure Howe and the board are thinking along the same lines. We only play once a week from now until end of season, shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Like who?

7 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Thing is, Gordon will miss 2 matches with the next yellow card. If Wilson isn’t back, who is our striker then?

12 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Because we're one Gordon injury away from playing Miguel Almiron up front.

5 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Thing is, Gordon will miss 2 matches with the next yellow card. If Wilson isn’t back, who is our striker then?

Krafth

36 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

think Eddie mentioned playing Schar there.