NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

No idea on the source.

Bizarre idea not to sell in the summer and replace with someone not even necessarily better, but younger. 

Can we blame Ashworth for that? 

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Two years ago yes, but I feel like he has stagnated a little bit. Think we can do better.

I mean...if 26 goals in 40 appearances last year and 16 goals,  in 32 so far this season with 11 assists over both, is stagnating...

All on a pretty poor, underachieving Lille side that finished 5th and sits around the same. I'm surprised he is delivering 1 goal in 2. 

I'd be shocked if we were even in with a chance for David, he will be looking for CL and plenty of clubs with it are already after him. Howe would be perfect for him imo.

12 hours ago, gbandit said:

I’m excited by the prospect of a proper squad rebuild in the summer. As great as Wilson has been when he’s fully fit, I can’t think of many players less suited in terms of durability to Howe’s approach to training and pressing in matches.

Who is highly likely to go in the summer?

Wilson

Dummett

Lascelles?

Miggy

Ritchie?

As a minimum?

Just build the entire squad around Isak please. We need our own version of KDB to Halaand. 

1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

Just build the entire squad around Isak please. We need our own version of KDB to Halaand. 

Staples of Man City’s success

aguero - Isak

kompany - botman

yaya - Joelinton? Or Tonali? 

David silva - need to get 

Ederson - need to get (Pope is the equivalent to Hart)

De Bruyne - Bruno 

other pieces - Zabaleta - tripper/ Livra

Sterling - Gordon 

the spine is taking shape but the rest of the team is very weak. A lot of squad building to do. 

9 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Staples of Man City’s success

aguero - Isak

kompany - botman

yaya - Joelinton? Or Tonali? 

David silva - need to get 

Ederson - need to get (Pope is the equivalent to Hart)

De Bruyne - Bruno 

other pieces - Zabaleta - tripper/ Livra

Sterling - Gordon 

the spine is taking shape but the rest of the team is very weak. A lot of squad building to do. 

Bruno is great but he’s no de Bruyne… And Joelinton is nowhere near Yaya Toure…

13 hours ago, toontownman said:

I mean...if 26 goals in 40 appearances last year and 16 goals,  in 32 so far this season with 11 assists over both, is stagnating...

All on a pretty poor, underachieving Lille side that finished 5th and sits around the same. I'm surprised he is delivering 1 goal in 2. 

I'd be shocked if we were even in with a chance for David, he will be looking for CL and plenty of clubs with it are already after him. Howe would be perfect for him imo.

I was just watching his league form and mixed last season with the year before. He had a really good season last one. Having an okey season now. A little harsh maybe. Soon in his mid 20s so this is the year for him if he wants a big move. There was so much talk about him, and the talk has faded a little bit. 

15 hours ago, Pata said:

There will absolutely be buyers for him, I would say he's worth the risk even for £10-15m for a club that's potentially fighting against relegation.

And his wage level isn't too high for Spanish and Italian clubs either and they generally value experience and older players more than clubs in England IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if clubs like Inter, Milan, Lazio or Roma were interested in him next summer.

Wages are too high for most teams fighting relegation. He'll want 2-3 years at around£4-5m p/a.

Agree he's good business he's a great player for a side who need depth to attack the league and a European competition..............

17 hours ago, gbandit said:

I’m excited by the prospect of a proper squad rebuild in the summer. As great as Wilson has been when he’s fully fit, I can’t think of many players less suited in terms of durability to Howe’s approach to training and pressing in matches.

Who is highly likely to go in the summer?

Wilson

Dummett

Lascelles?

Miggy

Ritchie?

As a minimum?

Add Longstaff and Targett. 

18 hours ago, Pata said:

Think Foden is more talented than Saka and I would be a bit terrified as an Arsenal fan about how much Saka has already played in his short career. Can see Foden ending up with a better and longer career. 

I agree he is being overplayed and leaned on for so young, but I dunno, foden is brilliant but Saka is way more creative as well as just as good at goals, works hard too. Feels he plays so much it's taken for granted tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

My uncle's very good mates with his dad. If I hear anything I'll let everyone know. I already know he'd jump at the chance to come here if we were genuinely interested though.

Kinda sounds like a younger version of Dan Burn (and, no, I don’t really want to start a discussion on whether that’s good, bad or indifferent..)

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Foden has always generally been considered the bigger talent right? I think Sancho was considered a bigger talent than Saka too.

Saka has played himself into "generational" discussions.

Maybe but i think Foden looks very good on compilations etc (and he is very good i may add) but think saka quietly gets on with it with greater end product. 

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

I’ll say this again, Nico Williams is the dream winger signing for me. 

Watched him and Iñaki last night and they are playing very well.

Worth the 40M€ fee they have in his contract..

Edited by buzza

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

My uncle's very good mates with his dad. If I hear anything I'll let everyone know. I already know he'd jump at the chance to come here if we were genuinely interested though.

for the first time ever I may able to get some itk too. His family and mine are relatives through marriage 👍

Shall ask discretely.

51 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Inaki Williams is awful. 

"Awful"

Screenshot_20240301-215835.png

Edited by 54

9 hours ago, Kanji said:

I’ll say this again, Nico Williams is the dream winger signing for me. 

Nico is fantastic 

Whilst we are talking about La Liga wingers - Kubo is another I would love to sign

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Have you watched him specifically? For several games?

Hes awful. 

Joselu is better than him. 

Be more patronising. :lol: