NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

24 minutes ago, STM said:

It will 100% be Branthwaite. He fits every single profile we look for in a player.

Young

Experienced for his age

In our price bracket

At a club which is vulnerable to us 

British

In a position which we will be looking at

Think he’s already lined up for Man Utd.

I don’t want Onana to be honest. IF we sign him then so be it. Hopefully he might improve massively. Would have my support. Personally I would like someone else better on the ball. 

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Let’s start with the goalkeepers.  Pickford is better than Pope or Dubravka.

So that’s that one knackered. 

Pickford can kick a ball, that’s about it. Pope is clear in every other department. 

Even if you rate Onana, he’s not going to come close to value for money. How can we complain about FFP if we’re spending £60m or whatever it might be on players like that.

I think there are better value out there. He will cost a fortune, but I think we need a DM, and we will have plenty of options in midfield to mix it up.

If we’re still looking at Onana, I don’t see him in a starting line-up with Joelinton and certainly not with Longstaff. 
Bruno, Willock, Tonali play if fit for me. I could see him complementing what they bring. I appreciate it is a squad game, and god knows we’ve suffered this season by having options stripped bare, but do we really fork out for someone like Onana without outgoings? 

An Eddie Howe coached Onana could be something special. He may not be the technically-gifted midfielder we’re screaming out for but his physicality is unrivaled; would be perfect for Howe-ball.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

An Eddie Howe coached Onana could be something special. He may not be the technically-gifted midfielder we’re screaming out for but his physicality is unrivaled; would be perfect for Howe-ball.

Ederson is better - fits every single element of the midfielder we need 

Onana is the sort of player that you’d expect a good scouting network to pick up from Europe with ease for the fraction of the cost. Nothing about his game is unique or worth the big outlay. 

40 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Head scout checks out a match and automatically we’re signing X.

Exactly 👍🏻 

The fact it was so well publicised would make the smarter assume it was more of a smokescreen.

Do we do smokescreens?

It's probably more that he's on a list of players we're watching. Ederson is probably on that list too.

Branthwaite is right up our street too, but there was talk of Everton wanting close to £100mikkion for him.