NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I think if we get either a left-back or another centre-back we'll be great again. A left-back would put Burn back into central-defence, a centre-back strengthens that group but keeps Burn as a left-back which isn't perfect but hopefully gets us by for one more year. 

CB is top priority now. Todibo is the linked for €40m. Can’t see Andersen being pursued.

Can’t see us signing anyone at LB now. We don’t need any more wingers. That will be next summer, when we upgrade the RW, and shift Almiron/Murphy. 

If we've decided to to stick with Burn and Targett...

It has to be a CB, that way we can stick with Burn at LB for now but still have depth with Schar, Botman and Lascelles if he stays.

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t see us being short in the centre of midfield, in fact I can’t remember us ever having this much depth in that position.

Five players covering three positions. I guess Anderson and Gordon can cover, but neither look natural there.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Five players covering three positions. I guess Anderson and Gordon can cover, but neither look natural there.

But they would be sixth choice, the worst case you change the midfield slightly to play 4-2-3-1 if we have that many injuries.

If we are not going to give Anderson and Miley a route to the first team even as sixth choice then youngsters will go to rivals instead.

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’m not sure we’re getting an rw, think Gordon will be deployed there.

I think we will look to go big if we can on someone like Chiesa, then possibly sell Almiron when the deal becomes permanent next summer.

Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Anderson, Miley....

I can't see us getting a CM, especially when we could easily switch to a 4231 and deploy a number 10: Gordon, Barnes, Isak, Joelinton etc.

Am sure Gordon came on and played as one of the midfield 3 in one of his earlier games for us. Obviously not going to be wanting to do that often but think he can do a job there

1 minute ago, Toonjam88 said:

That NUFCGallowgate tweeted something cryptic before saying everyone needs to get used to spelling Andersen right. Not sure he has ever got info right mind. 

He wrote underneath its nowt to do with signing him he's just sick of people spelling it wrong ?

15 minutes ago, STM said:

Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Anderson, Miley....

I can't see us getting a CM, especially when we could easily switch to a 4231 and deploy a number 10: Gordon, Barnes, Isak, Joelinton etc.

The last 2 don’t count. Rarely trusted with minutes. Joelinton May start at LM So you’re starting 4 out of your 5 CM choices. 

We need at least 1 CM or another winger (to make Joe a full time CM). 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure why we're ignoring the last two like. They only didn't get the minutes because the first 4 choices were fit and playing well. Tonali is now added to it. We're more than covered. 

Agree.

Compare this to RCB and we're an injury away from Lascelles playing at the Bernabau

I thought we would sell ASM and go with Joelinton and Gordon down the left this season, that looks like being out of the window now with Barnes signing so I don’t see Big Joe getting any game time out there unless it’s tactical for a one off game.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure why we're ignoring the last two like. They only didn't get the minutes because the first 4 choices were fit and playing well. Tonali is now added to it. We're more than covered. 

Of course the last two count. Anderson has played the last two friendlies in that position and ended the season playing there and Miley is a promising youngster.

Joelinton playing LM is a nonsense argument too because we are signing Barnes, we also have Gordon so if need Joelinton in CM we can.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I thought we would sell ASM and go with Joelinton and Gordon down the left this season, that looks like being out of the window now with Barnes signing so I don’t see Big Joe getting any game time out there unless it’s tactical for a one off game.

I can absolutely see Joelinton getting game time on the left....

But the arguement that it therefore doesn't count him as a CM is ridiculous.

It's about having adaptable, changeable players who can slot into various positions and formations.