NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If the ASM sale allows for 3-4 more purchases then it would be (in order of importance to the team)

Barnes (happening)

RW - Chiesa (loan to buy)

LB - Tierney 

CB - Todibo or Disasi

RB - Livramento or Fresneda

Squad would still be a CM and CF light, but would be decent enough to have a good go at this season. 

At a push - Veiga for CM and a good young striker like Elye Wahi for CF (tbh could even get Ekitike as cover)

It would be an unbelievable window if even only 2 of the above were signed in addition to Tonali and Barnes but would feel like a missed opportunity and that others had gone ahead of us. 

35 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Anderson?

just seems better suited to LWF but I suppose he will grow into an all round player - so yeah fair point - might not be an area we strengthen 

2 hours ago, NSG said:

As much as we want a LB I just can’t see it happening with Burn, Targett and Dummett on the books. Trippier can also cover LB if we bring in another RB.

I think we’ll get Barnes, Livramento and a CB in on loan and that’ll be our lot. It’ll be a pretty good window if it is, although maybe one big signing away from what we were hoping for.

Interesting that with talk that ASM is our only sellable asset, there hasn't been much talk about selling Targett. I would have thought we should be able to get our money back on him, was around £12-15m wasn't it? Not exactly chump change.

So I guess that means either there isn't much interest in him, or Howe rates him fairly highly and doesn't see the need to buy a LB upgrade.

Can't see another wide player coming in myself barring further sales or a long term injury. We'll have Barnes, Gordon, Miggy, Murphy, Anderson and Willock/Joelinton capable of playing there. Another player leaves us with too much invested in the position IMO. Considering the investment in Gordon they'll want to see his gametime maximised as well and it's unlikely to come up front barring injury. I could see a scenario where we move towards Gordon and Barnes starting on either side and interchanging frequently, given how much Howe seems to prize tactical flexibility.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I know modern squads aren't littered with strikers these days but does feel a bit light there, particularly seeing as ASM was the emergency stand-in. Wilson will get injured at some point. 

I think next Summer is the biggy for a striker.

Re short on strikers, as long as we're putting crosses in, and he has free reign to shoot from outside the box, Schar as a target man wouldn't be too bad for a game or five 

Barnes/Gordon/Joelinton |  Wilson/Isak/Gordon | Almiron/Gordon/Murphy

Joelinton/Willock |  Bruno/Joelinton/Tonali  |  Tonali/Longstaff

NEW/Burn/Targett | Botman/Schar/Lascelles/NEW |  Trippier/Kraft/Ashby

Pope / Dubs /Karius 

Anderson and Miley likely to get a fair amount of game time as well, espcially in the cups. 

If we can get in a another LB and CB, we will have a very good squad and versatility as well.. 

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Interesting that with talk that ASM is our only sellable asset, there hasn't been much talk about selling Targett. I would have thought we should be able to get our money back on him, was around £12-15m wasn't it? Not exactly chump change.

So I guess that means either there isn't much interest in him, or Howe rates him fairly highly and doesn't see the need to buy a LB upgrade.

It’s because selling Targett for £15m only improves our FFP position by £3m