NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

There’ll be another midfielder/attacker signed on top of Barnes, Livaremento and CB.

Think it’ll be an exciting one as well.

Can’t see it. 

45 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Loans don’t come in to it until later on (usually) 

Might see a cheeky loan with obligation to buy 

I could see livramento been our loan to buy this year. with us not knowing how much that injury he had has effected him. 

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

Shock

You think we will spend big on a winger or attacker? Fair play to you. I’m not being negative I just see the left hand side is now stacked (isak, Gordon, Barnes, Joelinton and at a push Ritchie)

and we have miggy, Murphy and Gordon who can play on the right. We only have a certain amount of squad space 

Howe changed and rotated his wingers the most last season so I'd imagine it's an area he definitely wants depth in. 

Joelinton, Willock and Murphy are all good options for that role but assuming Gordon is an immediate change for Barnes (or vica versa) then I'd assume he'd want another top quality wing option off the bench to replace Almiron assuming he's a starter. 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

You think we will spend big on a winger or attacker? Fair play to you. I’m not being negative I just see the left hand side is now stacked (isak, Gordon, Barnes, Joelinton and at a push Ritchie)

and we have miggy, Murphy and Gordon who can play on the right. We only have a certain amount of squad space 

Tbf, whenever Gordon has played on RW he hasn't looked the least bit threatening.

Seems the focus is now about squad depth in defensive areas now.

Livramento is obviously the next target

Disasi was ruled out by Keith D. 
If Palace want £70m for a midfielder who’s done nothing, I’d imagine Andersen will be too expensive.

Tierney is there and waiting. Just for us to decide if we want to give them £30m.

Heard rumours on Jean-Clair Todibo for £40m.

Not much else. The Maxi stuff has kind of taken over. 

12 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

How many out and out right wingers have we been linked with? 

Seems we've been almost exclusively linked to left wingers since the takeover.

I think we may have someone in mind that we can possibly get at better value or on loan initially, as we get closer to the end of the window.

At a guess I'd say Chiesa or Raphinha, hopefully!

15 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Seems the focus is now about squad depth in defensive areas now.

Livramento is obviously the next target

Disasi was ruled out by Keith D. 
If Palace want £70m for a midfielder who’s done nothing, I’d imagine Andersen will be too expensive.

Tierney is there and waiting. Just for us to decide if we want to give them £30m.

Heard rumours on Jean-Clair Todibo for £40m.

Not much else. The Maxi stuff has kind of taken over. 

Tobido is the one.

28 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

kieran tierney. Been a while since he’s been mentioned. 

Aye, forgot about that one. It was being spoken about like a done deal in June. 

That Rob lad seemed to think they started dicking around with the price I think.

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

I still think we are 1 light in midfield 

Bruno - Tonali - Joe - Big Joe - Longstaff (Miley)

Miley I would prefer to ease in this season

Anderson?

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

I still think we are 1 light in midfield 

Bruno - Tonali - Joe - Big Joe - Longstaff (Miley)

Miley I would prefer to ease in this season

You're forgetting Anderson who will have a bigger role to play this season.

I do feel Anderson has shown enough as cover. If Longstaff’s in there then Anderson should be in terms of consistency, ability and determination. I feel Anderson’s starting to show that more and has a wealth of talent around him to bring him on. 

I think with Miley he will continue to benefit well training with the first team and be involved at points off the bench late on to see how he gets on, but the focus is on Anderson for me. 

I know modern squads aren't littered with strikers these days but does feel a bit light there, particularly seeing as ASM was the emergency stand-in. Wilson will get injured at some point. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I know modern squads aren't littered with strikers these days but does feel a bit light there, particularly seeing as ASM was the emergency stand-in. Wilson will get injured at some point. 

I know it would be far from ideal, but Gordon looks a better ‘emergency’ forward than ASM ever was.