NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

40 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Marc Guehi linked earlier.

Caught his interview after the Forest Palace game yesterday - he speaks very well, based on that very small sample size seems like he'd fit our "no dickheads" rule.

I personally think all this talk is moot because it seems we don’t fill positions - we bring in players.

We filled positions very first window after takeover as needs must but since then we seem to have a shopping list or blue print and working to that depending on who becomes available.

19 hours ago, McDog said:

Another striker wouldn’t be the worst thing.

I think that's where Brighton have done well, they seem to have about 4 options upfront but obviously we only have 2. 

A young kid with potential would be a nice balance, who doesn't necessarily expect to play but has the raw talent to succeed 

Ive no doubt that the club have a couple of young attacking players lined up. Players not in the 30m Lewis Hall bracket but also with more potential than Minteh and Kuol. Probably South American.

I don't really agree that we should follow the Brighton model, that suggests scouting unknowns and flipping them for profit.

We do need to be dipping into that box though because there is alot of value in it.

I'd also like us to keep an eye on experienced players. It's not lost on me that our success has been grounded largely on the experience of the likes Burn, Trippier, Schar, Wilson etc.

For example, I see no issue on signing a CB who is say 28, you will still get a strong 5 years, provided they are the right character.

6 hours ago, wormy said:

I know it was more hope a few pages back than actual links but it appears Bowen will now be a no go or absolutely extortionate:

Giving a 26yo a 7 year contract is absolutely mental.

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Pedro Neto has been exceptional so far this season. Only 23 aswell. Wonder how much he'd cost to get him out of Wolves. 

Would be a very good Miggy replacement next season. Could cost anything from £35M to £50M the way the market is. All depends how this season goes for him, another injury before the summer and I'd steer well clear.

20 hours ago, Gawalls said:

I personally think all this talk is moot because it seems we don’t fill positions - we bring in players.

We filled positions very first window after takeover as needs must but since then we seem to have a shopping list or blue print and working to that depending on who becomes available.

I think the difference is we don't fill positions just for the sake of it. Highlighted by us not bring another CB in during the summer. But I've said it before recently, I can't see us bring anyone (youth players aside) in this January unless we get a major injury to one of our big guns. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think we are 2/3 Bruno/Isak type signings from really being a really top side. Hopefully we can add those in the next couple of windows (starting summer as I don’t expect us to do any major business in January).

Yep defo agree with this - I think this summer just gone was about completing the squad - now it’s about the marquee type signings that are really going to push us forward even more

No questions about his ability and under Howe we’d see the best of him. Would actually make for a great move for everyone. The only drawback is potentially his character, he’s been a bench boy for longer than anyone else I can think of with his talent and in his prime years and doesn’t seem to have made a significant effort to get out. Isn’t a great sign, let’s see how much he wants it 

47 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Looks like we need a CF if Wilson and Isak out with hamstrings. Unless we switch Gordon inside.

Wilson was bench ready against West Ham so you'd think he'll be fully fit by Palace. Isak is hopefully just precautionary so I'd imagine they're both ready for after this break.