NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

18 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Antonio Silva, Diomande, Todibo, Inácio are some decent options as well. None of them cheap, especially Silva i imagine.

Todibo for me

A Silva is way too expensive - Benfica are notorious for their high prices 

9 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Shame about Bowens new contract like. Feel he'd be ideal for us. 

For some reason, i thought he had signed a mega contract with West Ham earlier. Guess it was being discussed and likely to be signed.

Neto has a looooong contract with Wolves too but they are more likely to have a release clause and be willing sellers. Still looking at the best part of £45-60m.

Can’t see Sane being on Howe’s radar. He’ll be 28 in January and probably pricey. Doesn’t seem to fit the profile.

He also seemed a bit disruptive/unsettled at Man City. Though maybe he’s not difficult personality wise, and it was just relationships at Man City or dissatisfaction with game time (didn’t seem to play much for a period or be relied upon/trusted). Good record for Germany though, 13 goals in 55 games. 

All these Phillips rumours good player but he's a cripple was barely fit for leeds. Maybes with him not getting a game for city it's masking his injury proneness. 

Sane is class but is on a hefty salary. 

Guehi would be a good signing but they wanted north of 50 million for the other centre half so he'd be priced out from joining us he's England capped aswell. 

16 minutes ago, andycap said:

All these Phillips rumours good player but he's a cripple was barely fit for leeds. Maybes with him not getting a game for city it's masking his injury proneness. 

Sane is class but is on a hefty salary. 

Guehi would be a good signing but they wanted north of 50 million for the other centre half so he'd be priced out from joining us he's England capped aswell. 

Seems a bit harsh. He played over 200 times for them when he was only 25. 

36 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Seems a bit harsh. He played over 200 times for them when he was only 25. 

Still think he misses too many games with his injuries. His three seasons in the Premier league with leeds he was lucky to play 20 per season. Then the last season he was out for a long time. 

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Still think he misses too many games with his injuries. His three seasons in the Premier league with leeds he was lucky to play 20 per season. Then the last season he was out for a long time. 

It might be a bit of an unknown as to whether it is something he has recovered from/is unlikely to re-occur or he is injury prone. Just seemed a bit harsh to write him off given how much he  played for Leeds and how little opportunity he has had on current bench warming duty. 

11 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think Howe would make Philips class but does have an injury record and I thought he’d turned us down already in the summer? 

Really don't want anyone who doesn't also want us. I have (thankfully) fading bad memories of that shitarse mcclaren constantly going after a French midfielder who clearly didn't want to come (forget his name, we did sign him eventually) and he didn't set the world alight here. I don't blame the player for that but I don't want anyone who hasn't thoroughly grasped the notion of coming here is something special, especially at this early time. 

I don't know if this lad has done that specifically, but that's how I feel about going after anyone who has already snubbed us. Not the right mentality for us.