NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, aussiemag said:

Who could we possibly be targeting for that forward role? Moussa Diaby, Kvaratskhelia (probably out of our range), Nico Williams, Rayan Cherki, Ricardo Horta, Steven Berghuis, 

I'm surprised Chukwueze doesn't get linked. Whoever it is it will probably be out of the blue, as it was with Isak and Tonali.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

It's weird if we're not really even in for them. But we don't really know either way do we.

I think it's a real concern just how light our squad is with the amount of games we're likely to play next season. I'm less concerned about missing out on individuals than I am still seeing the likes of Ritchie, Lewis and Lascelles getting game time.

It’s summer transfer window season after Champions league and the most reputable sports reporter in David Ornstein said our club was interested but backed out or are out. So no it’s not weird. 

are we not allowed to have fun and dream about class signings? What the hell is the bloody point if you can’t wish or dream about that? We spent about 15 years sucking wind and being a joke. 

Just now, Kanji said:

It’s summer transfer window season after Champions league and the most reputable sports reporter in David Ornstein said our club was interested but backed out or are out. So no it’s not weird. 

are we not allowed to have fun and dream about class signings? What the hell is the bloody point if you can’t wish or dream about that? We spent about 15 years sucking wind and being a joke. 

I didn't say we can't dream about class signings, did I? It's just how we (as a forum) fixate on certain players based on a media link. We get overly obsessed with said player and then go into deep depression when they don't sign for us. Personally I hope we find a player as good as him, but I don't really care who he is.

Maybe some posters just watch a lot more football than me, so know the attributes of every player in the world though.

7 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Who could we possibly be targeting for that forward role? Moussa Diaby, Kvaratskhelia (probably out of our range), Nico Williams, Rayan Cherki, Ricardo Horta, Steven Berghuis, 

Nico Williams is a good shout, I know he was negotiating a new contract but he’s only got 12 months left and was looked at it January.

39 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I guess Liverpool will play him in the midfield three? Seems a strange fit for them.

A three of Szobo, Mac Allister and Trent sounds like them conceding 47 goals again.

I'll start worrying when they get a ball-playing DM (Caicedo etc). And a right back.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

A three of Szobo, Mac Allister and Trent sounds like them conceding 47 goals again.

I'll start worrying when they get a ball-playing DM (Caicedo etc). And a right back.

I'm no expert on Szoboszlai, but he hasn't sounded like a middle 3 type of midfielder to me, and he's not displacing Salah. Whatever they have planned for him will be very different to what our plans would have been.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

It almost feels like PIF's focus in football is elsewhere.

Aye they've forgotten about us and our 2nd highest transfer fee ever spent we're about to announce.

38 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Wonder what our targets are now then after missing out on Dominik Szoboszlai and Maddison.

How can we have missed out if we were never seriously in for them? Sounds like we once made an enquiry about Szoboszlai and we bid for Maddison last year but that’s it. Don’t think we were ever seriously in for them this year. 

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

It almost feels like PIF's focus in football is elsewhere.

Obviously they are focused on the Saudi  League. But PIF don’t run our club and we are restricted by FFP. PIF definitely want us to succeed. 

Also, we are ahead of schedule and that is causing it’s own issues. We all want us to sign players who can help push us on but the restrictions brought by FFP artificially slow our whole process down. We still need at least a couple of years to be able to truly compete imo. 

Villa signing Pau Torres should really give us hope too, the premier league at is at stage whereby internationals from the best countries can be attracted as long as the buying club has ambition. 

30 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

How is that weird or odd? You said yourself there, he’d be a good fit for us. Course there’s gonna be some excitement when players are strongly linked, but I wouldn’t call people weird or odd for it. 

none of us know at the end of the day who will definitely sign, so it’s pot-luck who you comment on with interest and hope that a player signs for us. I’m not gonna call people as if I’d always known that player wouldn’t sign. Like you said, he would have been a good fit so it is disappointing. 

bottom line is I do feel we’ll continue to bring in the right players. It’s just a case of when. Course we want it to happen tomorrow, but it’s obviously not as straight forward as that. 

You don't think it's odd to get emotionally invested in a player who we've merely enquired about?

Excitement at certain links is natural, but some seemed completely set on him.

Edited by The Prophet

27 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I didn't say we can't dream about class signings, did I? It's just how we (as a forum) fixate on certain players based on a media link. We get overly obsessed with said player and then go into deep depression when they don't sign for us. Personally I hope we find a player as good as him, but I don't really care who he is.

Maybe some posters just watch a lot more football than me, so know the attributes of every player in the world though.

Personally Maddison was the player I wanted. My main worry is that we don't plan to sign enough players this window.

20 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Trent wont be playing midfield if they don't buy a right back