NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

The majority of players going to Saudi are all Muslim. If only we had Papiss Cisse, Hatem Ben Arfa, Massadio Haidara, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Moussa Sissoko and Mehdi Abeid up for sale, we’d be laughing right now.

Unfortunately, we’ve got a load of deadwood, non-Muslims, on massive wages, who we are having to pay off to kindly leave. 

Terrible situation for us.

We have 2 Jamal’s :wink

But seriously them both and Hendricks. Double their wages. Modest fees. Couple years in KSA. Lewis might not take it but the last 2 need to think about their families. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This is a viable route. B UT leaves us with 2 problems (assuming Thuram

is the added midfielder). 

1. Bruno is still the only CM that is creative from open play, who can constantly make those line splitting passes.  
2. ASM is the only winger with any guile or massive creativity. 

In that scenario we are still short of a passer.  Whether CM or wide. That Szo/JM profile. 

I'd hope that Tonali would be able to play those passes too but yeah, in general I'd share the concerns. Particularly with ASM being a huge question mark in terms of expecting him to be fit for very long.

Personally I'd rather see us buy a winger and use Joelinton primarily as a CM who can play LW when needed, just trying to see the logic in going another way.

If the wide players we really want aren't attainable this summer and the value is in building a quality group of CMs, I won't hate it.

Go into next summer with fewer holes and better FFP flexibility and you could be looking at adding a Raphinha or a Kvaratskhelia level player instead of settling for a Harvey Barnes this year.

Good thread with two fans that broadly highlights the often split of opinions in here. One in the break the bank and sign anything that breathes mould and another pointing out the pitfalls and the need for a sensible strategic approach requiring more patience…

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

I'd hope that Tonali would be able to play those passes too but yeah, in general I'd share the concerns. Particularly with ASM being a huge question mark in terms of expecting him to be fit for very long.

Personally I'd rather see us buy a winger and use Joelinton primarily as a CM who can play LW when needed, just trying to see the logic in going another way.

If the wide players we really want aren't attainable this summer and the value is in building a quality group of CMs, I won't hate it.

Go into next summer with fewer holes and better FFP flexibility and you could be looking at adding a Raphinha or a Kvaratskhelia level player instead of settling for a Harvey Barnes this year.

Re: Tonali. The data suggests he’s not that passer.  

I agree with you really.  I just think that option is viable but carries that risk. 

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Good thread with two fans that broadly highlights the often split of opinions in here. One in the break the bank and sign anything that breathes mould and another pointing out the pitfalls and the need for a sensible strategic approach requiring more patience…

We've plenty of cash to spend - £55 mil on Tonali over 5 years is £11Mil out of this years budget.

Edited by duo

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Needing to increase revenue is a fact either way. 

How we go about it is the issue. 

Don’t think there’s much doubt that our revenue is going to rocket. But you’d still have to decide whether to spend that ahead of time or wait until the actual cash comes in. 

I still believe we could spend £200m this window if we could find the players to come. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

48 minutes ago, duo said:

We've plenty of cash to spend - £55 mil on Tonali over 5 years is £11Mil out of this years budget.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that as they are classed as assets then they depreciate year on year so the 5th year isn't £11m but correct me if I'm wrong

Just now, Tina Tooner said:

How do you know that the installments to Milan are over 5 years?? 

For FFP the cost per year is amortised over the course of the contract. 

Nothing to do with instalments to Milan. 

1 hour ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that as they are classed as assets then they depreciate year on year so the 5th year isn't £11m but correct me if I'm wrong

It’s £55m spread over 5 years, so £11m per season.

57 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Has anyone worked out/broken down what our spending was last season and year before (Based on how FFP works with the spread per year of contract)?

YouTube has the answer.

Aye, nice to see us in there for him but think a prospect like Guler is a bit beyond our reach right now.

Was hoping he'd go to Barca and they'd flog us Raphinha, mind :lol:

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Maybe I’m naive af but that feels like such a poor move for a player who should be playing regularly given how good he’s meant to be 

I agree, but how easy is it to say no when a club like Real Madrid knock on your door? Hopefully he will be loaned out to continue development in a decent club.