NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 hours ago, STM said:

What's worst is that people have liked this post. :lol:

Let´s see what happens then, this summer. No exuses to not challange for top 4 and finish in a EL spot.

7 hours ago, Shak said:

Terrible first post.

Sort it out, mate.

Was a good one the first bit though.

If I remember correctly the general feeling when Pope signed was that he wasn’t a significant upgrade on Dubravka, this turned out to be nonsense. He’s a much much better shot stopper and positional sense around the box adds so much so our back line.

But he can’t kick. He’s got those skinny little legs that for whatever reason he never chose to work on.

Can we work with that for another season? Sure.. but it means holding possession we need to play out from the back at all times.

9 hours ago, BlueLion said:

Two quality CBs and a RW is top priority this window. As for GK if a young upgrade for Dubravka is available then go for it. I also think selling barnes to raise funds would be best, and if necessary bruno. 

The absolute state of it.

:facepalm:

Two quality CBs and a RW is top priority this window. As for GK if a young upgrade for Dubravka is available then go for it. I also think selling barnes to raise funds would be best, and if necessary bruno. 

WTF Jog on buddy

Give owa.

BlueLion = Chelsea supporter?

The guy is just giving his opinion. As terrible as that opinion is he’s allowed it and telling him to jog on & fuck off hardly makes the place seem welcoming :lol:

10 hours ago, BlueLion said:

If we sell Barnes we'd then need a LW too, doesn't make sense to do that

28 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If we sell Barnes we'd then need a LW too, doesn't make sense to do that

We have Gordon, both Joe's, Anderson who prefers to play wide left for starters. We didn't need Barnes when we bought him, he's a luxury signing to back up Gordon that maybe in 5 years we will be in a position to do. I like Barnes, over a season he'll probably outscore Gordon, but where do you play Gordon in that case. He certainly doesn't like playing on the right.

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

We have Gordon, both Joe's, Anderson who prefers to play wide left for starters. We didn't need Barnes when we bought him, he's a luxury signing to back up Gordon that maybe in 5 years we will be in a position to do. I like Barnes, over a season he'll probably outscore Gordon, but where do you play Gordon in that case. He certainly doesn't like playing on the right.

Joelinton will play in midfield

Joe Willock unfortunately keeps breaking down, don't know if he can even stay fit

Anderson hasn't shown he is ready yet 

And most important of all it's about building your squad and having competition otherwise by asking where someone would play you can only justify having 11 players, which I'm sure you know is absurd.

We need to have 2 players for every position, so Gordon and Barnes are the two for LW, wanting Barnes sold is ludicrous

I agree selling Barnes is absurd, it's just buying him when we did was more opportunist than a priority. It will be interesting to see what we do next season because both Barnes and Gordon should be starting and they both play the same position.

Posted (edited)

I think Hall, Livro and Barnes were all opportunistic long term strategy buys last season - opportunities seen as too good to let go by. With Tonali being the ready to go straight into first team signing. 

I think/hope that’s burned us and this window we are looking more pragmatically at direct first team players with the majority of funds, as I think we are, if current links are correct. 

Longer term, the first approach will probably be the way to go, we just aren’t at the stage where the first team is good enough yet. 

Edited by PRL

Just for the record one of my ealier contributions to this place was to help start that trend of posting Jennifer Aniston pics in match threads we were all particularly nervous about. Different levels. 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

The guy is just giving his opinion. As terrible as that opinion is he’s allowed it and telling him to jog on & fuck off hardly makes the place seem welcoming :lol:

Since when did we start aiming for "welcoming"? :lol:

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

Anderson doesn't prefer to play wide left. He wants to play CM, in a 3 that's LM of the 3.

Gordon prefers the LW but is happy to play RW

Everything else you said is nonsense too

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gdm said:

Welcoming?! [emoji38]

This place is welcoming in the same way your first day on a new cell block is welcoming. 

Edited by Holmesy

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Anderson doesn't prefer to play wide left. He wants to play CM, in a 3 that's LM of the 3.

Gordon prefers the LW but is happy to play RW

Everything else you said is nonsense too

Gordon in an interview said he didn't like playing on the right and Eddie has shown no inclination to play him there. The others I mentioned all prefer playing on the left although none are conventional wingers. IMO Joe Linton is a much better wide player upfront than in midfield. And you don't state that other peoples opinions are nonsense just try sticking with not agreeing with them.

10 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Gordon in an interview said he didn't like playing on the right and Eddie has shown no inclination to play him there. The others I mentioned all prefer playing on the left although none are conventional wingers. IMO Joe Linton is a much better wide player upfront than in midfield. And you don't state that other peoples opinions are nonsense just try sticking with not agreeing with them.

Shame he doesn’t like the right side, a fit Willock and Joelinton alternating on the left was really effective.

I've heard Gordon say he prefers the left but I've not heard him say he dislikes the right, just it's not his first option. I've heard him describe his versatility as an asset. Mind you I haven't heard everything he's said.

Re: Barnes - I think there was sense in buying him: a premier league proven player in his prime & we took advantage of a relagation. Also, at the time we got him we didn't know Gordon was going to start smashing it on the left wing and squads need quality depth. We lost a LW in ASM & replaced him.

For the money I don't think he was a massive bargain or a transformative signing like a Bruno, but he was a solid enough signing IMO. Just a shame he got that freak injury during our toughest part of the season.

39 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

And you don't state that other peoples opinions are nonsense just try sticking with not agreeing with them.

But it's my opinion that it IS nonsense. I mean that tells you I'm in disagreement. 

Capiche? 

10 minutes ago, Checko said:

I've heard Gordon say he prefers the left but I've not heard him say he dislikes the right, just it's not his first option. I've heard him describe his versatility as an asset. Mind you I haven't heard everything he's said.

Re: Barnes - I think there was sense in buying him: a premier league proven player in his prime & we took advantage of a relagation. Also, at the time we got him we didn't know Gordon was going to start smashing it on the left wing and squads need quality depth. We lost a LW in ASM & replaced him.

For the money I don't think he was a massive bargain or a transformative signing like a Bruno, but he was a solid enough signing IMO. Just a shame he got that freak injury during our toughest part of the season.

Probs what I shouldve taken the time to type instead of describing his take as nonsense, which it is. 

Gordon will play RW if needed, no bother. 

Joelinton is a box to box beast and would be wasted at LW. Willock also. That's why we have Barnes AND Gordon.