NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

But if he’s going to be one of our front three you’d want better goal return than that still?

Could up it in a better team, like Jota. And he gets plenty assists.

Cracking player IMO - but I think far too brittle to go near at the price they'd want.

Edited by ponsaelius

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Got zero idea on how bad his injury past is. Are we talking ASM or worse?

Explosive paced wingers tend to have a bunch but is it more than normal?

IMG_1080.thumb.jpeg.880cab11325a71ba99138fa1478ff368.jpeg

Looks pretty horrific, but it’s only really the hamstring injuries from last season that would concern me.

I do really like him though. The game away at Wolves last season changed completely when he went off for them.

34 minutes ago, LFEE said:

But if he’s going to be one of our front three you’d want better goal return than that still?

Tbh I was just highlighting the fallacy of just using stats to judge a okayer. I'm sure his assist record is very good?

But to answer your question, a significant number of our players have scored career high goals over the past couple of years by virtue of our style of play. Neto would not be the exception to that. 

He's a superb player who's only drawback is his horrific injury record.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

IMG_1080.thumb.jpeg.880cab11325a71ba99138fa1478ff368.jpeg

Looks pretty horrific, but it’s only really the hamstring injuries from last season that would concern me.

I do really like him though. The game away at Wolves last season changed completely when he went off for them.

He's got massive, massive potential if only he could stay fit. It might be worth a risk at the right price but it's a real risk with Murphy as backup. 

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He's got massive, massive potential if only he could stay fit. It might be worth a risk at the right price but it's a real risk with Murphy as backup. 

Even how good he is, he is not worth the risk. I think it would be a massive misstake.

5 minutes ago, ATB said:

Even how good he is, he is not worth the risk. I think it would be a massive misstake.

Definitely wouldn’t be paying the PL Premium for Neto. Would rather go shopping in Spain, France, Germany or Portugal for someone half the price and a bit more of a gamble. The £60m Wolves would want is a ‘no thanks’.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Assuming the latest reports are correct, and Mitchell is going to have a greater say on recruitment, I wonder if any of our targets change for this window.

I wouldn’t expect too much change for this window tbh, a lot of work will have already been done on whoever we buy. 

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Assuming the latest reports are correct, and Mitchell is going to have a greater say on recruitment, I wonder if any of our targets change for this window.

There was an article yesterday that said he has been doing work work with transfers behind the scenes for us.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

There was an article yesterday that said he has been doing work work with transfers behind the scenes for us.

Yeah you would imagine on targets we’ve been tracking, giving him input on them certainly. We wouldn’t have had time to scout other targets which may not have been on our radar. 

41 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The Athetic said he'll carry put the current plan.

Good article floating around yesterday about his first ninety days in a job, I wonder if Andy Howe and Nickson are moved on.

Just now, The Prophet said:

The Athetic said he'll carry put the current plan.

Good article floating around yesterday about his first ninety days in a job, I wonder if Andy Howe and Nickson are moved on.

I doubt it, given as by all accounts they're very good at their job.

9 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Tbh I was just highlighting the fallacy of just using stats to judge a okayer. I'm sure his assist record is very good?

But to answer your question, a significant number of our players have scored career high goals over the past couple of years by virtue of our style of play. Neto would not be the exception to that. 

He's a superb player who's only drawback is his horrific injury record.

I’m generally in agreement with the fallacy of stats in football and obviously I’m not going to argue in a better team a forward and his stats should improve. 

That said I think the hype just needs to be toned down a bit as 14/132 or whatever it was for a forward seems poor. Less than 5 goals a season.

Looks comfortable with two feet which I’m all for but generally judge players when they play against us as get a closer look and I can’t say he’s ever stood out that much.

I remember everyone raving about him before last home game and I recall one burst into the box which we smothered and that was it until he went off HT presumably injured.

Appreciate there are those who’ve watched him far more than me but their concerns about his injury record are deafening.

I dare say if we sniff a bargain it’s someone you gamble on. However as EH is slowly constructing his jigsaw without making a transfer blunder (as we can’t afford to) I think we’d virtually all agree RW is the top priority position for long term improvement.

Just not sure it’s a price or position we gamble on.

Should be all over that for Chiesa we tend to buy distressed lower priced assets and rebuild them up again

at that price we could probably buy another RW too, so we’ll have an Almiron and a Minteh replacement 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Maybe he is shot. He hasn’t exactly impressed at the euros 

He was rubbish, not making runs into space, moaning at team mates for not passing the ball to him, proper prima donna stuff. 

I think he’s not the same player post injury and would be a massive risk.