Tino Livramento

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Sometimes wonder if people still think we're in the Ashley days and only allowed to sign purples 

This could be a really good addition to the squad and he's got his best years a long way in front of him.

RB and CF are just about the only positions we don't need purples.

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Sometimes wonder if people still think we're in the Ashley days and only allowed to sign purples 

This could be a really good addition to the squad and he's got his best years a long way in front of him.

Could be wrong like, but I think it's Livramento and Ashby being almost the same age that's the head scratcher.

Edited by Kid Icarus

24 minutes ago, NUFC said:

Isn't he from Milton Keynes? Hardly a northern lad

Maddison was born in Coventry but we keep getting told how much he wants to move to London and people find that perfectly plausible.

Maybe Ashby is just a massive fan of Whitley Bay lighthouse?

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Could be wrong like, but I think it's Livramento and Ashby being almost tge same age that's the head scratcher.

What if Livramento is better than Ashby? 

Ashby's older but barely played any senior games. At least we know Livramento was solid in the Prem for nearly a season

People (some) forget how knackered Tripps looked in a few games. Soon we will play even more games. Never mind how vital that right hand side has been in our play too. 

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

We might have numbers at RB but it's probably our weakest position in terms of quality after first choice.

Manquillo/Krafth are both not good enough long term and are both out of contract next summer - while Ashby clearly needs gametime before he's PL ready.

You nailed it before. Trippier first choice, Livramento second, keep Krafth until his contract expires next as a 3rd choice RB/5th choice CB (basically the right sided Dummett) then sell Manquillo. Send Ashby out on loan. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

People have said it plenty already but having a top quality back up to Trippier (who can cover LB when needed also) is a huge deal considering how much of our play goes down that right hand side.

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What if Livramento is better than Ashby? 

Ashby's older but barely played any senior games. At least we know Livramento was solid in the Prem for nearly a season

Livramento is better than Ashby, it's who we see our future starter that I'm trying to work out, in terms of age profile their careers will align which isn't ideal either.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, The Prophet said:

The Mail claiming we've already had a couple of buds knocked back. I assume that's why this has been leaked then, in hope of a bidding war.

It's common knowledge Ashworth is an alcoholic so this rings true.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Could be wrong like, but I think it's Livramento and Ashby being almost the same age that's the head scratcher.

Don't get hung up on ages, players develop at different rates/times. If Livramento is the better player now then he'll be in ahead of Ashby, but we can afford to keep Ashby for another season or more to see how he develops. He could easily be a late bloomer and before you know it we've got two quality RBs in their early 20s.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Livramento is better than Ashby, it's who we see our future starter that I'm trying to work out, in terms of age profile their careers will align which isn't ideal either.

Ashby might've been brought in to loan out and then sell for FFP purposes. I think we need to get used to that kind of thing. If Ashby is amazing on loan and becomes first team quality then there's even more upside for us. 

Edited by Smal

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Livramento is better than Ashby, it's who we see our future starter that I'm trying to work out. 

I'd imagine Livramento. He probably wasn't available in January due to injury and Southampton still being in the Prem. I imagine he might have a relegation clause

I think Ashby we just gambled on his potential and hope he could cover Trippier. Too early to say if it's going to work but he was West Ham's 3rd or 4th choice right back and I don't even know if he's made the bench here yet

I recently posted how devastating an injury to a soon 33 year old Trippier would be for us so very happy with this. Ashby is an unknown and Krafth can be an emergency cover at best. Livramento stepping in for Trippier would be class and he would be a good long-term replacement too if/when he has fully recovered from his injury.

Edited by Pata